Staff Systems Engineer I
Location: San Jose
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Responsibilities Job Description Summary Job Description Be part
of something bigger! BD is one of the largest global medical
technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of
health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery
of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually
every country around the world to address some of the most
challenging global health issues. We are recruiting for a
highly-driven Staff Systems Engineer to work with a
cross-functional team to develop and sustain Flow Cytometry
technologies. The Staff Systems Engineer will drive technical
aspects of projects focusing on complex cell analysis systems and
solutions. The candidate will function within a group that acts as
the hub of product development within the R&D organization
defining the direction of performance requirements, interfaces,
subsystem trade-offs and traceability of design control
requirements. This role involves utilizing technical knowledge and
engineering tools and methodologies to define and connect pieces
across different functional elements (Software, Mechanical,
Electrical, Fluidics, and Optics) within a regulated environment.
You will ensure the product requirements are defined/maintained and
the lower-level functional design teams deliver to those
requirements. This role offers an exciting opportunity to make a
far-reaching impact. Job Responsibilities:
- Define and drive system-level requirements and architectural
- Communicate with users, scientists, and customer-facing
associates to improve the customer experience.
- Develop system and subsystem requirements.
- Play an essential role in Risk Analysis and FMEA files.
- Develop and execute characterization, integration and test
protocols. Use findings to drive decision-making and iterate on the
- Utilize modeling tools to simulate and analyze systems,
subsystems and data.
- Communicate requirements and results with the cross-functional
- Provide technical expertise within the Systems Engineering team
and cross-functional project teams to support development
- Contribute to best-in-class systems engineering functional
excellence, incorporating a data-driven approach with focus on
superior user experience.
- Participate in Design and Technical Reviews to ensure sound
decision making is made across the program.
- Provide support to sustaining engineering team for released and
legacy instruments in production and at customer sites.
- Review and analyze technical proposals or modifications for
design feasibility and system capability. Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor s degree in an engineering discipline,
e.g. Biomedical, Electrical, or Mechanical. Graduate degree is
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in one or more areas related
to flow cytometry or cell analysis such as signal processing,
embedded systems, electronics, software, fluidics, optics, and/or
assay reagents strongly preferred.
- Experience in experimental techniques, statistical analysis &
engineering investigation techniques.
- Experience with medical devices required.
- Experience working in a regulated environment is
- Familiar working with external contract design and
- Familiarity with regulations and compliance testing is
- Familiarity with requirement management tools is desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong technical leadership and interpersonal communication
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams. For many
roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company s receipt of
sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In
some locations, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available
instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD s Workplace
Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be
considered pursuant to applicable law. Why join us? A career at BD
means being part of a team that values your opinions and
contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to
work. Here our associates can fulfill their life s purpose through
the work that they do every day. You will learn and work alongside
inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and
committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding
culture. Our Total Rewards program - which includes competitive
pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and
life balance components - is designed to support the varying needs
of our diverse and global associates. To learn more about BD visit
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status,
familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or
veteran status, or any other protected status. PDN Primary Work
Location USA CA - San Jose Additional Locations Work Shift Apply
Keywords: BD, San Jose , Staff Systems Engineer I, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!