Sr UX Designer
Location: San Jose
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The Senior UX Designer uses human centered design methods to
create industry-leading experiences from ideation to launch of a
product or service. Daily, you'll partner with other UX
practitioners and leaders, engineers, developers, product
management, and a variety of business partners, to create
innovative solutions that meet both user needs and key business
objectives.The Senior UX Designer crafts, plans, develops, and
evaluates new product and service concepts, enhancements to
existing products and services or strategic product extensions,
often working in high-profile and complex projects. They partner
with research insight teams to gather and understand data and
insights to inform products and services as well as test prototypes
with end-users.When it comes to the Senior UX Designer's tool
chest, they have expertise in communicating clearly and building
concepts using sketches, online whiteboards, journey maps, site
maps, navigation designs, user flows, information organization
models, wireframes, prototypes, and other specifications that
communicate experience and design intention. They incorporate
human-centered design methods to both expand the scope of
possibilities and converge on hypothesis-based solutions that meet
both user and business needs.All applicants should provide work
samples, with proper consideration of copyright restrictions. The
applicant should be able to speak to their design philosophy and be
aware of design trends. Applicants who cannot provide work samples
will not be considered.Key Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain components, patterns and
documentation to support the Allstate Design System.
- Build partnerships with Visual Designers, UX Designers, UX
Content Designers and UX Researchers -to ensure design consistency
- Ability to design and envision future experiences iteratively
in a dynamic environment by being mindful of how the experience
needs to evolve over time.
- Apply human-centered design approaches to frame problems,
uncover patterns and discover improvement opportunities.
- Communicate clear, focused user experience concepts for
products during all stages of the design process using deliverables
such as wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, and prototypes
using industry software like Figma, Sketch, and InVision.
- Collaborate within product teams - assess and prioritize
opportunities, constraints, and features - advocating for the end
user while balancing the negotiation of priorities and business
- Help to upskill the team's system thinking skills through
paired design, design critique, and workshops to ensure we're
delivering a consistent and trusted experience.
- Continuously grow and share your depth of knowledge, and apply
it to develop your colleagues and evolve or craft new product
- Work closely with engineering to ensure a high-quality design
system that enables the larger product organization to ship
experiences faster and at scale.
- Measure your design solutions with metrics that matter; ensure
qualitative and quantitative data is captured and used
appropriately to inform decisions.Preferred Qualifications
- Five or more years as a UX practitioner in highly collaborative
- Experience facilitating a wide breadth of human-centered design
- Proficiency in design methods, interaction design, information
architecture, user research, visual design, prototyping, and/or
- Strong communication, organization, and presentation
- Understands the constraints of technology platforms: Native
Mobile, Responsive Web, and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Ability to work and communicate effectively, and with
influence, in a remote product team environment.
- Organized and able to manage personal, team, and project
- Critical thinker comfortable analyzing and utilizing both
qualitative and quantitative data in data-driven decision
- A smart, solid portfolio that demonstrates how you think.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in the following is a plus: Design,
Service Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction
Design, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors, and/or
- Expertise using industry design tools such as Figma, Sketch,
Adobe, Axure, InVision, etc. -
- Experience designing in insurance, financial, or highly
regulated verticals is a plus.
Keywords: Allstate, San Jose , Sr UX Designer, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!