Washington United Youth Center Supervisor (2021-123)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Washington United Youth Center Supervisor (2021-123) - Catholic
Charities of Santa Clara County Covid-19 Info Careers Donate
ECONOMIC SECURITY EDUCATION EMERGENCY PROGRAMS FOOD HEALTH HOUSING
AFGHAN REFUGEES ASSISTANCE Annual Appeal Brown Bag Lunch Series
BOCCE Tournament Cornhole Tournament Car Donation DONATE Events
Food Drive info Golf Tournament Planned Giving Request for
Qualifications VOLUNTEER Advocacy & Community Engagement Parish
Engagement Community Workshops About Us Agency Leadership CEO
Updates Contact Us Financial Information Links & Reports Press Room
Community Heroes Privacy Practices Covid-19 Info SERVICES ECONOMIC
SECURITY EDUCATION EMERGENCY PROGRAMS FOOD HEALTH HOUSING GET
INVOLVED AFGHAN REFUGEES ASSISTANCE Annual Appeal Brown Bag Lunch
Series BOCCE Tournament Cornhole Tournament Car Donation DONATE
Events Food Drive info Golf Tournament Planned Giving Request for
Qualifications VOLUNTEER Community Engagement Advocacy & Community
Engagement Parish Engagement Community Workshops Careers ABOUT Us
About Us Agency Leadership CEO Updates Contact Us Financial
Information Links & Reports Press Room Community Heroes Privacy
Practices Donate Washington United Youth Center Supervisor
(2021-123) Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara
CountyLocation: San Jose, CAStatus: Full-timeGENERAL NATURE OF
POSITION:Responsible for leading the development and implementation
of services and activities at Washington United Youth Center.
Supervise and support staff, oversee activities, and collaborate
with Directors on budget management and fundraising. Work closely
with members of the Washington community including neighborhood
groups, other service providers and the City of San Jose. The WUYC
Supervisor will be part of the Youth Empowerment for Success (YES)
team and work in close collaboration with YES programs. YES
provides a wealth of services to opportunity youth and young
adults.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement services for youth and their
- Recruit, train, supervise, support and develop staff and
- Fulfill contract and City of San Jose MOU goals and implement
- Write reports to funders and partners as needed.
- Maintain close communication and partnership with PRNS, La
Biblioteca Latinoamericana, Washington Elementary School, the
Washington Guadalupe Neighborhood Association, and other key
- Maintain memoranda of understanding (MOU's) with a network of
collaborative partners to provide a full range of services at WUYC.
Seek new partnerships to address needs in the community.
- Plan and organize community events
- Manage all client registration and fees and follow all fiscal
- Manage all contracted services
- Create monthly calendars and conduct community outreach for the
- Coordinate Safety and Facility meeting with all WUYC
- Work with the City of San Jose and Catholic Charities of Santa
Clara County's facilities departments to ensure the safety and
cleanliness of the Center.
- Support with administrative tasks for YES Directors.
- Work in close partnership and keep in consistent communication
with YES team members.
- Advocate for the needs and rights of youth, their families, and
- Promote the missions of Catholic Charities through a commitment
to service, advocacy, and empowerment.QUALIFICATIONS:REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated skills in hiring, supervising, training,
evaluating and developing staff.
- Strong writing, budgeting, and analytical skills for resource
development and management; related experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual in English and
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and lead a team
toward common goals.
- Ability to act as a positive role model for peers, staff, and
- Ability to create an environment that is supportive of
participation from people of diverse backgrounds.
- Computer literate in Windows/PC environment.
- Automobile, valid CA driver's license, and auto insurance as
required by the State of CaliforniaMINIMUM EDUCATION
- B.A./B.S.W. or equivalent experience preferred.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Able to use telephone and computer (including use of mouse and
- Able to drive.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Clearance of background check
- Provide TB testing (if applicable)
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination statusTO APPLY: Please
submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the job
position title as the subject line.This position description
intends to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to
include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties
and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a
need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our
Agency's operations, responsibilities may be modified at any
time.Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service
organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual
orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled
to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable
accommodation for qualified disabilities. Child Youth Family Dev
Danielle Cancino December 23, 2021 Facebook 0 Twitter 0 Likes
Previous F&C/PEI Therapist (2022-02) Behavioral Health Guest
User January 27, 2022 Next SES Therapist II (2021-122) Behavioral
Health Danielle Cancino December 23, 2021 2625 Zanker Road, Suite
201, San Jose, CA 95134
monday-friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Serving Santa Clara County
If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1 (408) 468-0100 Hours Voices of
Ti---ng Vi---t Espa--ol English -Read Me
Keywords: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County, San Jose , Washington United Youth Center Supervisor (2021-123), Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!