Company: Testarossa Winery
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Porter is responsible for washing and sanitizing all kitchen
and event service ware, utensils and tools. This position is also
responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitized kitchen,
dishwashing area, restrooms, and other adjacent areas of the
catering kitchen. This is a non-exempt part-time position that
reports to the Chef de Cuisines (CDC) and takes direction from the
Kitchen Office Supervisor (KOS) and Sous Chef (Sous). -To protect
our employees and guests Testarossa Winery requires its employees
to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or request an approved
exemption as an accommodation. -***New staff with a hire date
between July 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022 are eligible for a $600
bonus. $300 paid after 60 days of active employment (minimum of 17
shifts worked for PT and 30+hrs/week for FT) and another $300 after
120 days of active employment (minimum of 34 shifts worked for PT
and 30+hrs/week for FT). -Responsibilities & Essential
- Prepare soiled dishes, silverware, pots, pans, and various
kitchen tools for automated cleaning equipment and/or manual hand
washing, as required.
- Operate automated cleaning equipment; adds cleaning solvents
and agents and adjusts settings as required.
- Maintain sanitary conditions according to food safety
regulations throughout the kitchen, all work areas, restrooms,
outdoor dumpster areas and any other areas as assigned per
- Dispose of trash, recycling and rubbish into the appropriate
dumpsters and is ultimately responsible for the dumpster area
cleanliness, and weekly cleaning of all trash receptacles.
- Removes floor mats, sweeps, mops, and replaces floor mats each
day, and cleans mats weekly.
- Adhere to daily and weekly schedules for cleaning, janitorial
and pest control throughout entire facility and corresponding areas
such as the catering van, back dumpster area, etc.
- Follow sanitation procedures and performs periodic cleaning of
stainless counters, ovens, stove, dishes, utensils, and other
- Organizes kitchen tools, as well as deliveries of kitchen
products as instructed by CDC
- Performs miscellaneous food service tasks by assisting with
food preparation when necessary. -
- Exemplify Testarossa Winery core values to fulfill the
- Perform other related duties as required and
- Prior experience working in a commercial kitchen preferred
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Ability to work in a fast paced kitchen environment
- Must be reliableWork Environment & Physical Demands
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to stand and engage in physical activity for the
duration of the shift
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. frequently
- Repetitive motions include, but are not limited to: grabbing,
reaching, lifting, bending, and stooping.
- Works frequently in hot and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with
- Frequently works with sharp knives and utensils.
- Frequently works with hot kitchen equipment, tools, plates
- 401(K) Retirement Saving Plan with a Match
- Sick Time -
- 50% off Wines, 30% off on Tasting Room - Merchandise, 40% off
Logo Wear & 20% off Wine Bar Food
- Employee Referral Program
- A great place to work!!!
Keywords: Testarossa Winery, San Jose , Porter, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!