The Porter is responsible for washing and sanitizing all kitchen
and event service ware, utensils and tools. This position is also
responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitized kitchen,
dishwashing area, restrooms, and other adjacent areas of the
catering kitchen. This is a non-exempt part-time position that
reports to the Chef de Cuisines (CDC) and takes direction from the
Kitchen Office Supervisor (KOS) and Sous Chef (Sous).
To protect our employees and guests Testarossa Winery requires
its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or request an
approved exemption as an accommodation.
***New staff with a hire date between July 1, 2021 and March 31,
2022 are eligible for a $600 bonus. $300 paid after 60 days of
active employment (minimum of 17 shifts worked for PT and
30+hrs/week for FT) and another $300 after 120 days of active
employment (minimum of 34 shifts worked for PT and 30+hrs/week for
Responsibilities & Essential Functions
* Prepare soiled dishes, silverware, pots, pans, and various
kitchen tools for automated cleaning equipment and/or manual hand
washing, as required.
* Operate automated cleaning equipment; adds cleaning solvents
and agents and adjusts settings as required.
* Maintain sanitary conditions according to food safety
regulations throughout the kitchen, all work areas, restrooms,
outdoor dumpster areas and any other areas as assigned per
* Dispose of trash, recycling and rubbish into the appropriate
dumpsters and is ultimately responsible for the dumpster area
cleanliness, and weekly cleaning of all trash receptacles.
* Removes floor mats, sweeps, mops, and replaces floor mats each
day, and cleans mats weekly.
* Adhere to daily and weekly schedules for cleaning, janitorial
and pest control throughout entire facility and corresponding areas
such as the catering van, back dumpster area, etc.
* Follow sanitation procedures and performs periodic cleaning of
stainless counters, ovens, stove, dishes, utensils, and other
* Organizes kitchen tools, as well as deliveries of kitchen
products as instructed by CDC
* Performs miscellaneous food service tasks by assisting with
food preparation when necessary.
* Exemplify Testarossa Winery core values to fulfill the
* Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
* Prior experience working in a commercial kitchen preferred
* Must possess a positive attitude and work well with others
* Ability to work in a fast paced kitchen environment
* Must be reliable
Work Environment & Physical Demands
* Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
* Ability to stand and engage in physical activity for the
duration of the shift
* Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. frequently
* Repetitive motions include, but are not limited to: grabbing,
reaching, lifting, bending, and stooping.
* Works frequently in hot and damp environment.
* Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with
* Frequently works with sharp knives and utensils.
* Frequently works with hot kitchen equipment, tools, plates
* 401(K) Retirement Saving Plan with a Match
* Sick Time
* 50% off Wines, 30% off on Tasting Room Merchandise, 40% off
Logo Wear & 20% off Wine Bar Food
* Employee Referral Program
* A great place to work!!!