Company: IBM Corporation
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Client satisfaction will be your ultimate goal in this role. As a
customer service representative, you will be on the front line
serving our customers. You'll be the technical resource and point
person interacting with clients, vendors, and senior management, to
identify and resolve complex technical problems. If solving
problems and helping others succeed excites you, let's talk!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and articulate
desk-side support professional, adept with all aspects of an
enterprise-scale Windows environment onsite in Phoenix in the
Biltmore Area. You will provide technical support to technology
users including problem determination, resolution and escalation.
Responsible for proactively managing high severity and priority
incidents from identification to resolution. Working with other IT
support groups to identify problems and restore services.
Key responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
* Working with customers via online help desk system, telephone and
remote support tools to diagnose technical issues related to PC
operating systems, applications, network, servers, and
* Performing resolution and tracking of incidents with network,
servers, PC operating systems, applications, and peripherals in
accordance with IT Service Desk procedures.
* Performing security administration functions for user access,
data access, and remote access.
* Issuing timely, accurate, and professional company-wide
notification regarding incidents impacting the user community.
* Completing other duties or tasks as assigned.
* Documenting all incidents, outages, status, and resolutions in
problem management tool in accordance with IT Service Desk
* Proactively utilize IT resources to remain current with
technology used in the company IT environment.
* Experience with application deployment via SCCM and/or experience
with PowerShell scripting is also a plus
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 3+ years of experience working with Windows/Mac OS, including
strong WiFi and network connectivity
* Experience configuring and deploying new systems using
* Solid working knowledge of both Active Directory & Microsoft
* Videoconferencing technology support experience, particularly
* Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Strategic thinker that wants to solve problems not band aid
* Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal
* Ability to assist with technical support troubleshooting and
resolution of Windows/Mac and desktop support applications either
over the phone or onsite.
* Uses remote control tools to help troubleshoot and resolve
* Understand basic networking
* Analyze current equipment and give recommendations on replacing
hardware as necessary
* Constantly monitor individual queue and prioritize accordingly to
* Work with vendors to resolve issues in a timely manner
* Operate as the escalation point for the junior members of the
team on difficult to solve incidents
* Strong communication and technical documentation skills
* Ability to lead small/medium complexity projects.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Keywords: IBM Corporation, San Jose , Desktop Support, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!