Cell Biologist / R&D Scientist (Multiple Roles)
Company: Nodexus Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Nodexus Inc. (www.nodexus.com) is a biotechnology company that
commercializes tools to accelerate biological workflows and make
them universally accessible. Nodexus recently closed a $30M Series
A financing round in order to advance manufacturing and
commercialization of its flagship NX One platform, and is backed by
leading life science venture capital firms (RA Capital and Section
32). -The NX One leverages microfluidics to enable efficient,
easy-to-use, and affordable cell isolation for the quickest growing
sectors of biotechnology.
We are seeking Cell Biology / R&D Scientists and Associates to
perform customer-inspired validation as well as support internal
and pipeline product development.
HIRING: Cell Biologist / R&D Scientist (Multiple Roles, All
Levels)[Full-Time Position, In-Person Required in San Jose, CA,
Relocation Available] -Position Overview
- Reporting to the Director of Biology, Cell Biology / R&D
Scientists and Associates will be tasked with growing Nodexus'
biology and validation lab, performing application development
activities, and providing customer support.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will be focused on the validation
and testing of Nodexus products, as well as pipeline development
for cutting-edge biological applications.
- These positions will support technical customer engagement and
will work closely with leadership and marketing to produce data for
application notes, product information, and next-generation
- These roles will be developing resources and providing
application insights for Nodexus platform development in quickly
growing biotechnology areas including gene editing, cell line
development, cancer biology research, stem cell processing,
single-cell genomics, and more.
- These individuals will utilize biological workflows and
techniques including tissue culture, single-cell expansion, flow
cytometry analysis and/or sorting, single-cell genomics, imaging
and microscopy, and functional/validation assays.
- These roles will interface closely with a multidisciplinary
team of scientists and engineers.
- These individuals will design and execute experimental plans to
generate scientific data used for peer-reviewed research papers and
application notes related to Nodexus' product portfolio.
- These roles will contribute to the writing and production of
collateral for a scientific audience, including application and
technical notes, posters, and other customer- and partner-facing
-Position Requirements and Skills
- BS in Molecular Cell Biology, Integrative Biology, or
- 2+ years of industry experience or equivalent MS/PhD experience
required, strong preference will be given to experience supporting
and validating hardware instrumentation and consumables for
biotechnology research applications
- 3+ years of hands-on laboratory experience in cell analysis,
cell-line development, immunology, single-cell genomics, or related
fields is required.
- Experience with cell culture, cell line development,
fluorescence microscopy, plate imaging, and single-cell culture is
- Familiarity with flow cytometry analysis/cell sorting is a big
- Lab management and supply/inventory self-management will be
- Successful candidates demonstrate strong organizational,
communication, and team skills, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up
The Ideal Applicant Will Be -
- Aligned with Nodexus' mission of providing enabling tools for
unlocking the potential of cutting-edge biological workflows
- Eager to work alongside a multidisciplinary team to validate,
optimize, and develop new products
- Able to work 5 days/week
- Extremely self-motivated and thrive in a dynamic
- Resourceful and flexible
- Open to self-management and reporting - a DIY attitude is a big
part of our culture!
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, and following
- Straightforward, self-motivated, and genuine
Keywords: Nodexus Inc., San Jose , Cell Biologist / R&D Scientist (Multiple Roles), Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!