Customer Service Agent Part Time
Company: American Airlines
Location: San Jose
Posted on: October 11, 2021
American Airlines is seeking Part Time
Customer Service Agents at the San Jose International
The terms and conditions of this position are
covered by the CWA-IBT Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work
and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and
you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best
version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle
challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and
advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free
to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this
The Customer Service Agent interacts with customers in a courteous,
efficient, friendly and professional manner.
What you'll do
- Promotes and sells air travel to the traveling public or
- Provides assistance with passenger check-in and cargo
- Interprets government rules and requirements for domestic and
international travel or cargo shipments.
- Meets and dispatches aircraft within established times.
- Provides assistance to distressed passengers and
- Protects company property and revenue.
- Provides for safe travel.
- Possesses the physical ability and dexterity to use motor
skills to perform various job-related tasks.
- Uses organizational skills to perform multiple tasks within a
limited time period.
- Is self-motivated and requires minimal supervision.
- Responds and assists during security and emergency
- Follows internal/external policies and procedures.
- May be required to drive and operate air stairs up to various
types of aircraft in order to enplane and deplane passengers.
- May be required to perform Passenger Operation Control
functions including air to ground communication as well as Tower
- Depending on airport location this position may work in various
- Due to flight operations Customer Service Agents work shifts
that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends and
Click to see what it’s
like to be part of the Customer Service team!
All you'll need for
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Bilingual language skills required in some locations
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for
unescorted access privileges to airport security identification
display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US
Customs security badges, if applicable
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive
background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job
- Working knowledge of Sabre or any other Passenger Service
- Previous face to face Customer Service experience
- Working in a fast pace environment
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and
your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily
flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health,
dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And
that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits,
flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of
yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all
the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the
workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are
available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee
Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars,
cruises and more
Feel Free to be
yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve,
inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce
at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are
focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers,
communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full
potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and
exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction
as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world
running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free
to be yourself at American.
* Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation
expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Keywords: American Airlines, San Jose , Customer Service Agent Part Time, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!