Senior Software Engineer, Functional Safety for Infotainment
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer -
Functional Safety for the Infotainment System. This position
requires experienced professionals with hands-on experience in
functional safety engineering in the context of ISO 26262 with a
particular focus on Part 6 – Product Development at the Software
Level. This position also requires experience in developing
software based on Linux or Android or RTOS
- Define the software safety plan, safety case, guidelines,
templates, and conduct confirmation review for electronic control
- Guide software development teams towards successful
implementation of ISO 26262
- Drive the development of software functional safety work
products to support the software safety case
- Consult with, mentor, and coach software development teams in
establishing ISO 26262 compliant procedures and corresponding work
- Conduct software tool evaluation and qualification
- Specify software functional safety requirements to support the
functional safety concept and technical safety concept
- Develop safety analysis including FMEA, freedom from
- Specify SW unit, integration, and HW-SW integration test
guideline and plan
- Collaborate on Functional Safety with hardware and system
development teams, suppliers, and other stakeholders
- A minimum of 7 years of industry experience in
Linux/Android/RTOS software development
- Experience in creating Software Safety requirements, Software
Architecture, Software Design, etc
- Experience in embedded software development processes and
- Experienced in C, C++ programming and applying MISRA
- Experience with automated requirements management tools (e.g.
JAMA etc.) and issue tracking tools (Jira, etc.), and functional
safety tools (e.g. Medini, APIS IQ)
- Knowledge of Infotainment, System
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, both in
presentation & technical writing.
- Self-discipline and self-direction in a high energy start-up
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, San Jose , Senior Software Engineer, Functional Safety for Infotainment, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!