Health & Wellness Dir- Bench
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 11, 2021
Health and Wellness Director - Bench
San Francisco Bay Area
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD
At Brookdale, the health and well-being of our residents and
associates is our top priority. All offers of employment at
Brookdale are subject to a candidate's successful completion of
certain prerequisites which may include, but are not limited to, a
legally compliant background check, drug screen, and any
pre-employment testing or examination required by law, regulation,
or Company policy. Brookdale has also adopted a policy requiring
all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Participate in on-the-job training experiences for the Health and
Wellness Director role, learn new skills about senior living, and
be able to demonstrate increasing proficiency and expertise with
managerial and clinical
within the Brookdale organization. The Brookdale Bench Program will
prepare you to assume the Health & Wellness Director role at one of
our communities including, but not limited to areas of people
management, clinical management, quality care and regulatory
oversight when you assume the role of a Health and Wellness
- Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based
licensed nursing staff (LPN/LVN, RN), the Med Techs/CMAs (if
required by State Regulations) and/or Lead Resident Care Associates
and may also supervise Resident Care Coordinators and Supervisor,
- Assigns and directs work of subordinates; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides training, supervision, and monitoring of associates in
the administration of medications as described/allowed in Nurse
Practice Act, to include auditing of medication administration
- Provides training and education to resident care associates on
an ongoing basis with classroom in-services, and situation-specific
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews
documentation performed by care giving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses
health, functional and psycho-social status of residents, initiates
individualized service plans, proactively manages care and services
for each resident, evaluates effectiveness and maximizes the
resident's opportunity to remain in their environment.
- Manages the health care of residents, including the
dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures
that family members are aware of resident's need for scheduled
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new
residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior
to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments,
service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as
required by policy and as described/allowed in Nurse Practice
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate
care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with
resident families with the intent of returning resident to
- Performs ongoing assessment/observation of residents' physical
and psycho-social needs and coordinates with other departments to
assure quality, proactive care.
- Evaluates residents; documents changes in condition, and
notifies executive director, physician, and resident's legally
responsible party/family of resident's condition and
- Communicates with physicians regarding residents' status and
condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician
appointments, prepares Physician Visit Form and reviews and updates
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving
home health care, hospice services, and other third party
healthcare- related services.
- Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care
issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate
parties as needed.
- Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist,
doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance,
etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to
reduce the occurrence of Workers' Compensation claims by
appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and
involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty
/shifts as required.
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, San Jose , Health & Wellness Dir- Bench, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!