User Experience Designer (San Jose OR Portland)
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 11, 2021
Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative
innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging
enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud
technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original
equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic
product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows
through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an
evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were
a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers
and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and
keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success
and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an
excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional
opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
The User Experience Design team has a high-profile
responsibility within CDK. As a UX Designer you will have the
opportunity to makea huge impact across a large number of
automotive dealerships. You will participate in user research, and
make recommendations andimprovements for our dealer facing
products. You’ll work directly with UXD leaders, business, product
and engineering stakeholders.
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in User Experience, Human
Factors, or similar background, with 1-2 of professional
experience.Relevant academic or internship work would be
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating a range of
artifacts developed in creating a variety of solutions.
- Awareness of design fundamentals including the basic components
of the design thinking lifecycle, usability heuristics.
- In-depth knowledge of basic UX skills such as identifying
users, sketching, iterating, wireframing, receiving feedback from
peersas well as from users, and implementing changes.
- Able to develop in-depth understanding of products that are
being worked on, as well as other products throughout the
- Possess a natural curiosity and ability to interpret impact of
emerging standards and technology.
- Familiarity with created deliverables such as competitive
analysis, customer journey maps, workflows, contextual inquiry
guides,research plans, user testing plans, and summary findings
- Ability to actively participate in design and discovery
- Experience with modern design tools and workflows (Sketch,
InVision, Adobe CC, Figma, etc.)
- Familiarity with design thinking tools such as Mural or
- Familiarity with global design systems and their application in
the enterprise is also a plus.
- Basic understanding of research methodologies (e.g., conducting
usability studies, performing user research etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile work processes and tools that support
them, such as Jira and Confluence.
- Some familiarity with front-end development such as HTML/CSS,
JS/REACT/VUE, etc. is a plus.
- Stay abreast of changing UX design methodologies and tools, as
well as corporate, organization, and industry standards toensure we
deliver high quality products.
- Apply global UI standards and design systems effectively,
identify areas of improvement, and offer solutions.
- Estimate design tasks for the purposes of timeline
- Identify key performance indicators on a feature-by-feature
- Reach out for design feedback from peers, and iterates as
- Ask questions to ensure a clear understanding of current and
future tasks, and to help manage relative priorities.
- Provide clear communication and status updates, and proactively
involve UX leadership in critical discussions
- Maintain positive relationships and collaborate with product
and engineering stakeholders to manage expectations,
balancepriorities, and advocate for users
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You
have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on.
That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not
only take care of you but your family as well. All of our
benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K
matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to
volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We
value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different
perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity
employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected
Keywords: CDKGlobal, San Jose , User Experience Designer (San Jose OR Portland), Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!