Posted Date: Jun 16, 2021
- We have openings for a
- Location: San Jose State University - One Washington
Square San Jose, CA 95112 Note: online applications
- Schedule: F/T: Details provided upon
- Requirement: Food handler's certificate and valid
We are excited to announce the launch of our new
pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your
career with our award-winning organization! When you
submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to
participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral
Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for
this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn
an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions
to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may
be interested in joining our team.
Current Associates: This position has a
$250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would like to
refer? Have them apply to this posting via this
direct link or at
http://www.altogethergreat.com and ask
them to provide your name in the “If referred by current employee”
section of the online application.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative
concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly
established ourselves as the leading college and university
foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the
Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect
on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come,
especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We
foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are
offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Performs functions in warehouse
involving receiving, picking, pulling and loading of materials in a
safe manner. Drives company vehicle to transport products,
supplies, mail and cash to and from specified destinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Withdraws merchandise and supplies from the warehouse.
- Verifies load against products ordered; prepares delivery
tickets or shipping papers when applicable.
- Loads products, supplies, mail and cash onto vehicle; drives to
designated locations; unloads truck, and distributes delivered
items as instructed; picks up product, supplies and cash funds to
be returned to branch or designated location; obtains and approves
receipts or delivery slips; returns to warehouse and unloads
vehicle distributing items as directed.
- Collects empty containers and unsold merchandise for return to
warehouse and/or disposal.
- Monitors product usage; makes adjustments to control inventory
- Ensures proper handling of perishable products; maintains
refrigeration of food and beverages.
- Maintains security of cash and property by locking unattended
vehicle, securing funds in a locked safe, and securing keys and
vehicle at end of shift.
- Unloads and cleans trash from vehicle; performs daily vehicle
operative checks; maintains truck log according to state and
federal regulations; reports vehicle problems; secures keys and
- Performs the job safely while adhering to company safety
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience with forklift and power jacks. Valid
driver's license required based on vehicle to be used according to
state or federal requirements.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box