Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable
extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining,
and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing
content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and
personal is precisely what Xperi's technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment
ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the
digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a
simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi
technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of
fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI
applications - in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can't wait to show you what's next.
Xperi is seeking an experienced Patent Paralegal to contribute
to the success of its Intellectual Property (IP) & Licensing
Department. The ideal candidate will be an experienced patent
portfolio administration professional capable of handling all
administrative tasks involved in the management of high technology
patent portfolios leveraged by a sophisticated IP business. The
candidate must be comfortable working with inventors, in house and
outside lawyers and business executives. Experience should include
supporting attorneys and patent agents in all facets of patent
filing and prosecution in the USPTO and foreign patent offices
including filing of patent forms and formal documents, use of
advanced patent management software tools (especially IP Folio) and
budget management software (especially Simple Legal) including
receipt and docketing of documents from various patent offices,
management reporting reconciliation of the patent budget, working
with in house counsel on the payment and administration of patent
maintenance fees through patent annuity service providers.
Experience with domestic and international electronic patent
filing. Keeping current with all pertinent rules and fees
associated with patent filing and prosecution. Generate reports and
gather data for patent portfolio dashboards and other ad-hoc
inquiries regarding the patent portfolio. Maintain and manage
patent office deposit accounts.
- Set up and assign docket reminders and create tasks directly
from USPTO to back end of docketing database, train staff
- Prepare patent applications, forms and responses, and file with
USPTO/IB - using private PAIR and e-PCT
- Open and set up new matters in IP Folio according to
established Xperi procedures
- Docketing, manage docket review meetings with attorneys and
engineers/inventors; assign work to law firms
- Prepare and track Information Disclosure Statements
- Assist inventors with proper methods for completing Invention
- Due diligence/research, prepare intake re prospective
acquisitions (PPA exhibit)
- Manage acquisitions and integration of patent assets
- Patent research; generate various reports for team and
- Annuity/maintenance review and instruction
- Develop and administer team processes and procedures
- Manage back-end of IP Folio (auto-tasks, users, etc.),
management of the software
- Manage SimpleLegal regarding outside counsel billings/law firm
entry and matter matching issues
- Coordinate annuities/maintenance with IPAN/CPA annuity
- Manage USPTO deposit account, with monthly report to Finance,
- At least seven years of patent paralegal experience including
patent docketing experience
- At least 5 years of docketing experience with emphasis on US
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe
- Proficiency with docketing databases, especially IP Folio
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, ability to proofread and identify errors
in printed documents
- Experience with establishing an in-house filing process would
be a bonus
Benefits & Perks
Our employees and their families are important to us and our
comprehensive pay, stocks and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi
supports personal well-being, builds financial security, and
enables employees to share in the success of Xperi.
Xperi is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Tivo, San Jose , Manager, Paralegal, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!