Field Service Technician - San Jose, CA
Company: IPG Photonics Corporation
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Field Service Technician's primary function is to travel to
customer sites to install and repair laser products. Additional
responsibilities include training and providing technical support
- Electronics background with some understanding of optics.
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics.
- Ability to strip, cleave, and splice optical fibers a
- Basic soldering skills and ESD awareness.
- General knowledge of fiber optic components and test equipment
- Experience with optical and electrical test methods in support
of active fiber devices such as fiber amplifiers and lasers.
- ASEE, ASEO, Technical Schooling or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel approximately 80% of the time. Primarily
domestic travel with the ability to travel internationally
- 2-5 years experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent electrical/electronics troubleshooting skills
- Must understand manufacturing processes
- Ability to work independently in a professional
- Some overtime required
- Must be computer literate
- US Person
Keywords: IPG Photonics Corporation, San Jose , Field Service Technician - San Jose, CA, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!