Associate Manager, Front of House - Body Repair - San Jose, CA
Company: Tesla Motors
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Tesla Body Repair Program is seeking an energetic
professional with a proven track record of managing people and
processes to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in
the world. As the Collision Center Manager you will be responsible
for managing the work flow and production work force at our OEM
owned body repair center.
This position requires a strong understanding of body shop
business processes and operations, as well as the willingness to
adapt to and excel in a dynamic business environment. You must be a
strong tactical problem solver who can work in a fast paced
environment, capable of multi-tasking, and effectively leading a
team to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Work closely with Regional Manager to oversee all daily
operations of the Collision Center to ensure delivery of excellent
results quarter after quarter, month after month, on all aspects of
customers, people, operations, and financials.
- Manage resource scheduling and allocation
- Oversee execution of work standards and production quality
- Manager Vendor partnerships and ensure compliance with all
- Understand and own every aspect of the team's performance. You
will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to
facilitate exceptional team output and customer service. We expect
you to champion safety, efficiency, quality, and overall excellence
in all of your actions and decisions.
- Collaborate with internal team leaders across business
functions to drive project execution (design, supply chain,
logistics, legal, accounts payable, etc.)
- Forecast and surpass goals and objectives for the site through
regular audits of shop operations.
- Take ownership and create a culture of accountability, always
maintaining the integrity of the Tesla brand, its processes,
procedures, and values.
- Provide regular coaching and feedback, and have a deep
knowledge of your team's strengths and opportunities. You will be
responsible for leading change and inspiring your team every
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Professional experience: 5-8 years of experience in management
within the collision industry preferred or relevant work experience
managing in manufacturing, automotive, or customer service
- 3-5 years of vendor management experience
- Leadership experience: Experience leading teams and managing a
diverse group of roles and responsibilities.Bachelor's Degree is
preferred, or relevant Certificate from Vocational School in
- Process / operations experience: strong and proven experience
leading field, technical repair or manufacturing teams in a
fast-paced, technology-driven environment with strong customer
facing responsibilities. Experience running complex processes using
Six Sigma or Toyota Lean
- Solution oriented, demonstrating a high ability to identify
root cause of problems and develop solutions
- Must be comfortable working in a collision shop
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence
team to achieve business targets
- Capable of self-managing and working independently in limited
- Capable of reading and comprehending automotive repair
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials
used in the collision repair of vehicles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as
the ability to follow instructions.
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits
from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Keywords: Tesla Motors, San Jose , Associate Manager, Front of House - Body Repair - San Jose, CA, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!