Associate Clinical Project Management Director, Central Nervous System
Company: IQVIA Holdings Inc
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Qualified applicants will have a demonstrated background
managing large global trials in at least one of the following
indications: Parkinson's, Psychiatric, or Sleep Disorders.
- Participate in bid defense preparations. Lead bid defense
presentations in partnership with Business Development for large
sized, multiple and full service, multiple country and/or multi
regional studies. Understand project strategy and operationalise
the agreed upon approach.
- Develop and/or support on the preparation of integrated study
management plans in collaboration with the core project team.
- Accountable for the strategic development and execution or
delivery of clinical studies in line with agreed upon contracts
while optimizing speed, quality and cost of delivery, ensuring
consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance
with system updates, standard processes, policies and
- Serve as primary project oversight and/or contact with
customers and own relationship with the project's key customer
contact(s), communicate/collaborate with IQVIA business development
representatives as necessary.;
- Set objectives for the core project team according to agreed
upon contract, strategy and approach, effectively communicate and
assess performance, providing feedback and leadership.
- Collaborate with other functional groups within the company
where necessary to support milestone achievement and to manage
study issues and obstacles.
- Monitor progress against contract and prepare/present project
information proactively to all stakeholders internally and
- Supervise problem solving and resolution efforts to include
management of risk, contingencies and issues. Take accountability
for proactive contingency plans to mitigate risks.
- Coach and/or mentor junior team members around project
delivery, planning, project review, risk management and problem
solving to ensure global alignment of work practices across the
- Achieve project quality by identifyingand proactively managing
quality risks and issues, responding to issues raised by project
team members and planning/implementing appropriate corrective and
preventative action plans.
- May participate in executive committees as part of program
- Ensure the financial success of the project including optimal
management and assignment of resources to achieve project goals and
- Forecast and identify opportunities to accelerate activities to
bring milestones and revenue forward, implement appropriate actions
- Identify changes in scope and manage change control process,
including securing customer agreement to financial and milestone
updates as necessary.
- Identify and communicate lessons learned and best practices to
promote continuous improvement.
- Adopt corporate initiatives and changes, and serve as a change
advocate when necessary.
- Provide input to line managers on their project team members'
performance relative to project tasks. Support staff development.
Mentor less experienced project team members on assigned projects
to support their professional development.
- Bachelor's Degree Life sciences or related field Req
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area, and broad knowledge of
a other related job areas, typically obtained through advanced
education combined with experience.
- Requires 10 years clinical research experience including 6
years of project management experience or equivalent combination of
education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of clinical trials - Knowledge of clinical trial
conduct and skill in applying applicable clinical research
regulatory requirements i.e. ICH GCP and relevant local laws,
regulations and guidelines, towards clinical trial conduct. Broad
protocol knowledge, therapeutic knowledge desired. Good
understanding of the competitive environment and how to
communicate/demonstrate value through IQVIA solutions.;
- Communication - Strong written and verbal communication skills
including good command of English language Strong presentation
skills. Requires strong negotiation and customer management
- Problem solving - Strong problem solving skills.
- Leadership - Ability to work through others to deliver results
to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics,
monitoring/managing performance and providing feedback, experience
productively partnering cross functionally and with customers to
advance work effectively and efficiently. Ability to make
decisions, bringing clarity to disparate information to inform
actions and drive results.
- Organisation - Planning, time management and prioritization
skills Ability to organize resources needed to accomplish tasks,
set objectives and provide clear direction to others, experience
planning activities in advance and taking account of possible
- Prioritisation - Ability to handle conflicting priorities.
Ability to work strategically to realize project goals, identifying
and developing positive and compelling visions for the successful
delivery of the project.
- Quality - Attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Quality - Results-oriented approach to work delivery and
output. Demonstrated learning agility and openness to learning and
keeping own knowledge and skill set current and evolving.
- IT skills - Good software and computer skills, including MS
Office applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.
- Collaboration - Ability to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to
understand customer needs. Effective mentoring and training skills,
fostering learning and knowledge sharing with colleagues.
- Cross-collaboration - Ability to work across geographies
displaying high awareness and understanding of cultural differences
Good understanding of other IQVIA functions and their
inter-relationship with Project Leadership.
- Finances - Good understanding of project financials including
experience managing, contractual obligations and implications.
- IQVIA Core Competencies - Ability to demonstrate all IQVIA
competencies (Client Focus, Collaboration, Communication,
Innovation and Ownership).
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science
and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our
customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics,
technology solutions and contract research services we provide to
the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+
employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and
intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants
with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation
to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in
the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition
team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an
Keywords: IQVIA Holdings Inc, San Jose , Associate Clinical Project Management Director, Central Nervous System, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!