Staff Engineer, Advanced Operations
Company: Stryker Corporation
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology
companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make
healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be
named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want-
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who
naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes
- finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends
for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting,
reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage
cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and
insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
What you will do-
In this role you will support the activities for the design
transfer of products from R&D to Operations. As The AO Engineer
you will work as part of a team including other members of the AO
Team and both technical and non-technical staff in other
departments. Working with the team the AO Engineer is responsible
for developing and qualifying the manufacturing process for the
medical devices developed at Stryker.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to a variety
of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Uses latest engineering techniques to reduce product time to
market whilst adhering to regulatory requirements, project
deadlines and product costs.
- Builds productive internal and external working relationships
and may periodically provide guidance and train other team
- Provide engineering support for new product and process
introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and
documented in accordance with the Stryker new product development
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the
appropriate operation and material specifications.
- Will select components and equipment based on analysis of
specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements. Work with
quality engineers to develop component specific testing and
- May lead/support capital acquisition activity from specifying
equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation.
- Will analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct
experimental test and result analysis. Lead and/or participate in
process review meetings.
- Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation
associated with product transfers and launches.
- Complete capability studies for in process inspection and
generate subsequent Inspection documentation.
- Conduct MSA studies for new products and new processes.
- Provide training for manufacturing team members.
- Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
- Review and approval of validation documentation.
- All other duties as assigned
What you need-
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required
- 5 years related business experience
- Proven track record of working in a team-based
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and
collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open
minded with the ability to recognize good ideas.
- Innovative thinker - should be able to envisage new and better
ways of doing things.
- Experience in executing complex problem-solving techniques
related to manufacturing/design technical issues. Good instincts
and sound judgement for mechanical and structural design.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organize and
implement concurrent tasks.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product
and process design.
- High level of PC Skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments at once while
meeting all deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and
presentation skills essential.
- The individual should enjoy working in a dynamic and results
driven team-based environment with flexibility essential.
- Medical device experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a regulated environment
- Certified in validation activities.
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM), related
statistical tools and validation/verification techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and
understand geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying
for this position. Learn more about our employee referral
Keywords: Stryker Corporation, San Jose , Staff Engineer, Advanced Operations, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!