Manager, Cloud Networking
Company: Verizon Communications
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 12, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Verizon Technology Product Development (TPD) Product
Security team works to incorporate governance and security into the
design of technology systems and services while promoting Verizon
security standards in the TPD organization. The TPD team is also
responsible for the AWS infrastructure, PACT (Product AWS Cloud
Technology). PACT is the directional platform for AWS deployments
that provides a consistent, repeatable and secure way to drive
product creation and innovation for all TPD, VBG and VCG product
The PACT networking team is responsible for planning and review
of the architecture, development and implementation of cloud
networking design, networking devops engineering and overall
network best practices and security compliance of the PACT AWS
platform and the products that are on it.
As the Manager of Cloud Networking, you will lead a team that
works with internal partners across all lines of business to
develop an AWS infrastructure solution for programs that span
multiple technology boundaries and multiple organizational
boundaries. You will be responsible for overseeing the development
of code and automation for requirements derived by the PACT
platform and overall Verizon network and security compliance. This
is a hands-on Manager position, requiring the appropriate candidate
to be highly technically proficient in network design, security,
development as well as highly proficient in cloud technologies
(preferably AWS). You will be working at the forefront of
technology driving the End-to-End architecture and solution designs
for various wireless and wireline products and services. You will
work with various Architecture, Security, Engineering and IT teams
to ensure the resulting architectures meet the product/service
requirements. Your role will involve architecture / solution
development to ensure projects deliver on-time. As a subject matter
expert, you'll build strong cross functional relationships and work
to ensure all projects are aligned with business objectives.
- Developing architecture solutions for programs that span
multiple technology and organization boundaries and aligning with
the PACT architecture, development and security teams in terms of
realizing those architectures.
- Being actively updated about features and roadmaps of cloud
networking concepts as they are planned and deployed.
- Developing Architectures that all involved teams can align and
agree to the architecture/design as well as enable the features in
a timely way.
- Building Partnerships: Partnering with internal partners to
develop end-to-end architectures to address their networking
products/services, routing, latency and other KPIs, etc.
- Schedule cross-domain meetings of subject matter experts and
- Supporting Implementation, testing and operations teams with
architectural insights to triage and resolve issues in a timely
- Documenting and maintaining end to end architectures for
complex multi-domain programs.
- Lead weekly stand ups and review/analyze weekly status reports
for actionable items.
- Lead cross-functional team meetings with IT and business
partners to ensure architecture project alignment.
- Participate in weekly management meetings to provide feedback
on key initiatives to the Director of PACT. Provide direction and
prioritization of team assignments.
- Provide guidance to junior security staff and perform deep
technical research on the impacts of new networking
- Provide regular progress reports for Senior/C-Level
- Conduct performance reviews, help team members execute career
development plans and interview and hire staff as necessary.
- Build relationships and synergies across business areas to
promote security awareness, and improve security adoption to ensure
the protection of Verizon corporate and customer information
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in network engineering, transport network
architectures, networking routing, perimeter protection,VPN, IPSec
and security protocols.
- Infrastructure design and architecture experience with AWS
Network design including VPC, Subnets, DNS, IPAM, Firewalls, ACL
and VPC Routing.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree in engineering, computer science and/or
- Deep understanding and implementation expertise with AWS
services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, VPC, CloudFormation, Security
Groups, AWS Organizations, CodePipeline, etc.
- Leadership experience in one or more of the following areas:
Developing architectures/solutions, Telecommunications, Networking,
AWS or like Cloud technologies.
- Experience managing large cross-functional or enterprise-wide
- AWS Well Architected Framework knowledge.
- Experience in operations systems and processes.
- AWS Professional Architect or Network Specialty
- Leadership experience.
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Agile development experience and associated tools/processes eg.
Sprint Planning, User Story creation and management, Confluence and
- Ability to document architectural designs in different formats
(Google suite, Word, other tools) and convey to the recipients in a
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, San Jose , Manager, Cloud Networking, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!