Sr. Warehouse Specialist
Company: Sunrun Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Senior Warehouse Specialist plays a leadership role on the
Warehouse Operations Team developing and demonstrating best
practice in all Warehouse and Inventory Management techniques. The
Senior Warehouse Specialist is responsible for all activities in
the warehouse related to the receiving, stocking, and delivery of
materials to the local Branch Installation Teams. Leading by
example, the Senior Warehouse Specialist supports assigned
warehouse personnel through training and troubleshooting and
teaches effective process and execution. Responsible for
maintaining organization and inventory accuracy, the Senior
Warehouse Specialist works with little to no supervision while
managing all warehouse operations according to standards and best
Senior Warehouse Specialist
- Act as first point of contact for Warehouse Team Members
working to solve problems and drive efficiency in warehouse
- Drive advancement in standard operating procedures and lead
training events to standardize across all warehouse locations.
- Train and certify new hires on all Warehouse Operations Policy
- Perform special projects and tasks as assigned while meeting
and exceeding Warehouse Operations Standards.
- Operate within and promotes a safety culture in all warehouse
- Participate and contributes in Warehouse Operations team
meeting and training events.
- Maintain an organized and standard setup of all warehouse
inventory and equipment according to Warehouse Operations standards
and best practice.
- Responsible for the safety and security of warehouse inventory
- Perform transactions in Oracle ERP for all material movement
through the warehouse, including: receiving, stocking, and
- Drive inventory accuracy and integrity through cycle counts and
- Maintain auditable records and operate based on defined
standards in the shipping and receiving of all warehouse
- Responsible for managing all material movement through the
warehouse, the Senior Warehouse Specialist operates the forklift to
unload shipments, process receipts, and stock the shelves.
- Operate as Material Specialist and collaborates with Branch
Management to define and manage the Branch Stock Plan
- Coordinate with the Branch Leadership Team to develop the
material delivery plan based on the project installation
- On a daily basis pick, package, and deliver all materials to
the Installation Team.
- Responsible for delivery of material through restocking trucks,
fulfilling Installer orders, and staging project materials in
advance of construction start.
- Work closely with the Service Team to manage all materials,
documentation, and RMA processing for service and warranty
- In smaller branches the Warehouse Lead may work in a a dual
role until volume can support specialization.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be twenty one years of age or older
- 5+ Years of warehouse experience
- Demonstrated and measurable results in driving efficiency and
cost savings in Warehouse Operations.
- Leadership: Provide leadership and support that ensures
development of a skilled and motivated Warehouse Operations
- Initiative: Ability to think and take constructive action at
work without being urged; skill and ability in taking the lead in
forwarding new ideas or work methods
- Safety Orientation: Demonstrates awareness of company safety
policies and procedures; includes ability to identify and report
safety hazards, and the ability to encourage others to work
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Ability to change or adapt work
practices, priorities, or procedures or to reschedule activities in
response to changing conditions or multiple work demands
- Teamwork: Ability to work well with others in a group,
cooperate with others, offer to help when needed, and foster a team
climate within the group where members are committed to a common
- Problem Solving: Using a systematic and effective approach in
analyzing information in order to come up with good business
solutions to problems
- Knowing the Business: Maintain a high level of knowledge of
warehouse operations, products, etc.
- Foundational Skills: Ability to understand written material and
ability to write using correct spelling and punctuation; ability to
add, subtract, multiply and divide using fractions or
Special Requirements: Must have responsible work habits and pass
any pre-employment drug screening and background check. Forklift
- Ability to work safely in a warehouse environment
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and
determine accuracy of work
- Ability to interact with co-workers and participate in
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete
assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does
not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our
commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability
to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At
Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their
differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without
consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship,
political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national
origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other
basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and
local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires
accommodation, please let us know.
Keywords: Sunrun Inc., San Jose , Sr. Warehouse Specialist, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!