Working Location: CALIFORNIA, SAN JOSE
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives
and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's
lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Associate Manager, Production is responsible for supervising
endoscope technicians and their work processes to achieve
production/repair plans, quality and delivery targets, and
documentation of production activities, while improving safety,
ergonomics and processes. This position will manage and train
production technicians to meet safety, quality, production and cost
goals and will provide guidance to less experienced Supervisors
either informally or as part of their department. This position
will support projects and provide leadership that involves other
supervisors as defined by production management.
- Provide leadership to customer product repair lines by
directing technicians in prioritizing activities and achieving
daily output goals.
- Monitor the flow of work through the repair line(s) and take
necessary steps to resolve repair problems.
- Take the responsibility for work continuity and the results
between lines and/or shifts.
- Support effective communications throughout teams.
- Function as a project coordinator on projects assigned by
production management to improve QCD (Quality, Cost,
- Review the work environment; consult with Engineering,
Environmental Health and Safety and Quality about perceived
problems and implement measures to assure safe working
- Assure the attainment of quality, cost and production targets,
as measured by time schedules and work outputs.
- Ensure repair staff is adequately trained in all areas of the
repair process, in order to support business plans. Identify
training needs and effect remediation.
- Deal swiftly with customer issues/ complaints, by identifying
the cause of the problem and resolving outstanding issues.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years' experience in assembly of precision
instruments or related field required.
- Minimum two years' previous supervisory experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of quality theory and Electromechanical production
- Strong math skills required.
- Compliance experience, QSR (Quality System Regulation)
- Experience in a customer service environment required.
- Familiarity with current production and repair processes.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why
we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual
bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as
tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption
leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you
can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the
medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as
well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years,
Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and
more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease,
furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and
capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in
medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision
manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic,
therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical
outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for
patients. Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes,
laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy
devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide
range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic
applications. For more information, visit
OlympusTrue To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and
advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, national origin (including language use
restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress
and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth
and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental)
and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran
status or service in the uniformed services, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || California (US-CA) ||
San Jose ||