Position Title: Staff Solutions Architect Engineer
Harmonic is the worldwide leader in video delivery solutions. We
enable media companies and service providers to deliver
ultra-high-quality streaming and broadcast services to consumers
globally through innovative SaaS platforms and software-based
appliances. We are changing the way media companies and service
providers monetize live and on-demand content on every screen. More
information is available at www.harmonicinc.com
Staff Solutions Architect Engineer reporting to Principal
What you will be doing:
An individual working in this position will deal primarily with
- Manage cloud-based architectures required for deployment and
optimization of Harmonic's solutions which can be deployed on
public & private clouds. Harmonic's video solutions include
encoding & transcoding, channel origination/playout, stream
processing, and content delivery systems for compressed live or
file-based video/audio content originated in public / private
- Support the Harmonic video solutions deployed to cloud-based
infrastructure as well as the associated video workflows required
to serve our customers' needs.
What you should have:
To be successful in this position knowledge of content delivery
networks and their optimization for video delivery and associated
technologies. It is desirable to have direct experience with
content delivery solutions, cloud storage systems, along with
internet routing and networking. In addition, you should have the
- A system level, end-to-end mindset and an aptitude for dealing
with the methods, technologies, and techniques used in video
delivery as well as a strong background in networking and
cloud-based application deployment.
- Excellent communication skills are required to effectively
interact internally with Harmonic Pre-Sales, Professional Services,
SW development teams as well as Harmonic's technology partners and
- Experience with deployments in one or all of the following
cloud platforms Azure, AWS and GCP.
- Experience with Content Delivery networks configuration and
- Experience optimizing cloud costs in Azure, AWS and GCP,
preference to candidates with knowledge of FinOps.
- Agile project experience as either scum master or team
- Ability to drive new architectural ideas and present to cross
- Experience with cloud deployments, CDN operations and a strong
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to represent at
all levels of the organization.
- Creative and self motivated individuals capable of critical
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to work with REST APIs.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytic skills for investigating
and resolving problems.
- Python or other interpretive scripting capability.
- Familiarity with internet routing protocols such as BGP
Years of Direct Experience Required:
Prospective candidates will have 8+ years of direct, hands-on
experience in systems, video solutions design and deployment. The
number of years experience will determine the level at which the
candidate will be hired.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or
At Harmonic, we believe that building and nurturing a global
team with diverse backgrounds and voices is critical to our
success. Together, we achieve excellence through creativity and
innovation, build relationships based on integrity and mutual
respect, and deliver the highest quality in every aspect of our
business for the benefit of our employees, business partners and
Harmonic is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender,
race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
gender expression, veteran status, or marital status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities.