Software Sales Executive - Bay Area
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 10, 2021
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated sales
professional to manage our sales efforts in the Bay Area region.
This position is responsible to sell direct to and support both end
users and channel partners, leveraging all routes to market. The
Sales Executive will sell our marketing leading Identity Management
solutions by gaining a thorough understanding of the client's
business and the industry in which they compete, the corresponding
IT initiatives, identifying needs which the company can help
resolve, developing compelling business value proposals for our
solutions and ultimately closing business. The Sales Executive will
also develop and maintain trusted relationships with senior level
decision makers and other key buyers within the named accounts and
- Exceed revenue quota goals on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly
- Demonstrate the ability to address each customer's and
partner's unique inquiry, while providing them with the proper
information and appropriate solution based on the customer's
specific needs and interests.
- Develop business plans, which align to the assigned geographic
and business needs.
- Engage and work with business partners where appropriate.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and execute marketing
plans through/with end users and partners.
- Follow-up on all leads supplied and ensure internal systems are
- Marshal and lead the appropriate technical resources to
demonstrate SailPoints' advantages to the customer.
- Follow-up with clients and work with Sailpoint post-sale
account managers to ensure consistent and ongoing coverage of
account including new sales opportunities.
- Understand and work in all aspects of the sales cycle,
including qualifying, presentations, demonstrations, RFP responses,
negotiations and the closing process.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the territory
including the customers, the prospects, the partners, the
influencer's, and the competitors.
- Understand and communicate all product and technological
strategies employed by competitive and complimentary organizations
in the SailPoint market space.
- Maintain the highest level of customer and partner satisfaction
within the accounts in your territory.
- Maintain a positive, professional 'total customer service'
attitude and demonstrate the company's Core Values.
- Coordinate, plan, and schedule sales support functions with
Technical Sales staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and manage conversations at
all business and technical levels of a client's organization from
their CEO to a Systems Administrator.
- Utilize all channel management and reporting tools.
- Customer Focus: Act in ways that demonstrate customer focus and
satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers,
identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by
treating customers with dignity and respect.
- Partner Focus: Act in ways that demonstrate partner focus and
satisfaction by building effective relationships with partners,
identifying, meeting and exceeding partner expectations, and by
treating partners with dignity and respect.
- Territory Management: Manage territory, considering each and
all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts;
prioritize efforts; generate short term results while holding a
long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability.
- Effective Communication: Deliver oral and written
communications that are impactful and persuasive with their
- Industry Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of given industry and
relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry
trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues,
- Effective Selling: Utilize solutions-oriented, systematic
approach to selling, leverage mastery of sales best practices and
SailPoint's sales methodology.
- Business Acumen: Understand key aspects of business, e.g.,
business models and competitive positioning; also understand how
business operates, including role of structure, systems, and
processes; can speak in business language when applying
- Financial Acumen: Use financial analysis to make decisions,
evaluate opportunities and choices; know how financial decisions
impact business success
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in an IT, business or
sales related field.
Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected
for this position.
- 7 years of Business to Business sales experience, with 3 years
in the Identity Management or Security Industries
- Proven results in a quota-oriented sales environment and an
understanding of technology and technological innovations
- Proven negotiation skills and the ability to persuade and
influence decision makers and executives is required. Effective at
presenting to executive management, i.e. C-Level
- Professionalism, personal integrity, a high internal commitment
to achieve success, the ability to build and maintain a vast
network of professional relationships over a long period of time,
strong oral and written communication skills
SailPoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome
everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: SailPoint, San Jose , Software Sales Executive - Bay Area, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!