Company: Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 10, 2021
General Position Summary:
Lead and actively participate in one or more phases of store
production operations to ensure goals are met safely and
efficiently. Responsible for monitoring select store production
functions to conform to company policies. Ensure team operates both
safely and environmentally compliant, while effectively and
efficiently working within the guidelines of the administrative
policies and procedures. Assist the Production Supervisor as
- Partner with the Environmental Health and Safety Team to ensure
store is adhering to all safety and environmental policies and
procedures. Promotes a clean, safe, and environmentally compliant
store for employees and customers.
- Responsible for store housekeeping.
- Responsible for the proper care and maintenance of all
equipment, reporting equipment problems, and adherence to the
preventative maintenance program.
- Work with all sales and production personnel to continually
improve store results and execute company strategies.
- Participate in the hiring, training, and proper delegation of
personnel and scheduling work hours.
- Monitor and evaluate job performance; train and develop
- Communicate and implement policies and procedures; leads by
example for the rest of the team.
- Direct and participate, as needed, in customer care
- Participate, as needed, in production duties.
- Monitor all aspects of production activities to ensure
production goals are met.
- Partner with all internal corporate support resources to ensure
compliance with all laws and regulations to achieve results.
- Spend at least 85% of time working with production team.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Standing, walking, bending, climbing, and stretching are
required for extended periods during the day.
- Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50
- Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely.
- This position will assist in selection, training, development,
appraisal and work assignments of non-exempt hourly employees.
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Periodic exposure to minimal chemical hazards.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all
Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for
all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory
completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement.
This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries,
Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or
ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual
orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status
under local, state or federal law.
Keywords: Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc., San Jose , Production Lead, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!