"Opening a World of Possibilities"
Who are you?
You recognize that behavior is communication and respond
Youre ready to teach, learn, and play.
You are prepared to use physical management strategies for the
purpose of protecting the client, yourself, and others.
You find joy in small victories and are resilient in the face of
You love what you do.
Who are we?
The Center for Social Dynamics (CSD) is an organization
providing services to those with developmental delays, including
autism, in the state of California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado,
and Hawaii. Our mission is to open a world of possibilities for
individuals with Autism and other developmental needs through
science, compassion, and humility.
To that end, our people and programs deliver personalized,
professional, evidence-based behavioral and developmental services
to each participant, and peace of mind to caregivers that their
loved ones are in the right hands and are receiving the best
possible care. We are grounded in our values of Transparency,
Respect, Understanding, & Excellence, which guide our efforts as a
respected & growing employer and industry leader.
What is a Behavior Specialist?
Its more than a job, its a calling.
You embody our mission & values by being there for our clients,
their family, and your fellow clinicians. With a supportive
approach, you offer short-term, urgent behavioral health solutions
that are positive, effective, and client-driven.
Under general BCBA supervision, a Behavior Specialist uses the
strategies of Applied Behavior Analysis to provide direct 1:1
therapy for skill acquisition and behavior reduction to clients in
a gentle, center-based environment. Through the use of
evidence-based behavioral interventions, including crisis
prevention protocols, you are able to effectively diffuse often
tense situations while maintaining the therapeutic
Whats in it for you?
This is a part-time opportunity, perfect for supplemental income
and/or flexibility around a school schedule. Additional benefits
- $17-$25 per hour DOE and location and additional languages
- Hours worked - quarterly payout
bonus per hour if you meet or exceed 240 hours per quarter (est.
20+ hours per week)
- Sub-sessions - monthly payout
- bonus for all accepted & completed sub-sessions
Offered and scheduled via our new CSD sub-session app
- Medical benefits - eligible after working 30+ hours/week
consistently over a six-month period
- Cell phone usage - $25.00/mo reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus - $250.00 and up depending on the job
level of hire
- Paid training prior to working with clients (combo of training
online and in-person)
Certifications - Obtain certification for BTL1/RBT, CPR, BARB
(OR & WA only)
- Internship program - Clinical Leader Internship that can lead
to full-time employment + benefits
- Academic growth
- In-House ABA Program - National University - 15% off tuition
reduction program for Bachelors and Masters degrees and 25% off for
in-house ABA Masters Cohort with free BCBA supervision
College credits - receive college credits from San Jose City
- Paid drive time and mileage reimbursement
- Accident and Critical Illness insurance coverage
- Paid sick time
What your role is:
- Have fun with our clients while teaching them the skills that
- Implement individualized programs for children and young adults
based on behavioral analysis principles that increase
communication, self-help, social and play skills
- Manage inappropriate behaviors that occur. Through the
implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) and support
from your clinical team
- Collect data using a tablet/mobile device to manage the child's
- Facilitate interactions with peers, coworkers, and
- Keep the children motivated to learn through positive
- Travels to home and other community settings, as required, to
- Renders completed sessions daily and write thorough notes per
CSDs cancellation policy when changes occur. Communicates schedule
changes and cancellations to the clinical team immediately
- Participates in regular meetings and promptly communicates with
the clinical team via email and phone, regarding Treatment Plans
and Behavioral Support Plans, and family concerns and
Whats required from you?
- H.S. Diploma
- Flexible availability - we have a high demand to service
clients Monday through Thursday from 3-7:30 pm
- The more availability you have the better!
Depending on your availability and client needs, there is an
opportunity to work over 30 hours per week.
- We require you to complete new hire training for one week,
Monday through Friday from 9-5 pm.
Currently, our training is conducted online via Microsoft
- Proof of vaccinations (MMR & Varicella)
- Reliable transportation required - DMV report will be
- Clean driving record
- Automobile Insurance
Copy of active driver's license
- A background check (clean history)
- Have access to a working cell phone
- Youll use your phone to collect data
- Youll need to download a HIPAA compliant package
Check us out on social media!
- Instagram: @csdautismservices
- Facebook: @centersocialdynamics
- Twitter: @csdautism
- YouTube: youtube.com/channel/UCnSDEIIfplj2iIbINQKNUPw
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/center-for-social-dynamics
Covid-19 Precautionary Measures:
- Virtual Interviews held via Zoom
- Virtual Training held via Microsoft Teams
- PPE provided prior to the session
- Disinfecting procedures throughout the clinic
Aide, autism, applied behavior analysis, ABA, behavior,
babysitting, behavior technician, registered behavior technician,
rbt, behavior specialist, behavior interventionist, camp counselor,
caregiver, child development, children, childcare, caregiver,
developmental disabilities, direct support professionals, mental
health specialist, para, paraprofessional, pediatric, preschool,
psychology, social, sociology, special education, teacher, child
development, nanny, instructor.