At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest
minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the
way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our
relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by
our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three
values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to
discover what's next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and
grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it
an obsession, we call it a way of life.
What you need to know about the job
Job ID: 1084163 Date Posted: 5/4/2021 Primary Location: San
Jose, California Job Category: Supply Chain & Operations Schedule:
Full time Shift: No shift premium (United States of America)
Strategic Procurement Manager II
Responsible for managing commodities/categories worldwide,
including goods and services that support the company and its
customers. Includes setting category strategies; supply base
development to meet the company and customer requirements; and
supplier contracting and negotiations; supplier qualification; and
establishing quality processes / resolving quality issues. Emphasis
is on strategy, supplier development, negotiations, business
relationships, quality, cost, assurance of supply and
predictability. Develops the company procurement strategies,
policies and tactics required to achieve objectives. Primary
objective is to reduce the cost of supply and meet demand
requirements, business and quality specifications, and revenue
goals. Adds value to the company through managing performance
aspects of major contracts and subcontracts.
- Leads a complex individual supply chain sub-category; including
data and industry analysis; reports results to senior
- May lead an international, cross-functional team.
- Meets with Stakeholder senior managers to understand business
priorities and translate them into supply chain strategies;
influence the industry and marketplace within moderately complex
- Develops and utilizes supply chain, business, and financial
- Leads Supplier Selection Activities.
- Drives supply base optimization.
- Negotiates and completes contracts with complex suppliers.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of large, moderately
- Partners with suppliers in minor strategic development.
- Provides input on risk mitigation, business continuity, cost
management and operation strategies.
- Assesses current and evolving business models in the
- Identifies challenging contract risk areas.
- Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using known
- Advises senior level business leaders on contract risk
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience;
advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years of experience in procurement or supply
- Solid understanding of MRP/ERP; Microsoft Navision
- Contract manufacturing procurement experience
- Strategic material or commodity experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of global procurement processes,
industry, and complex suppliers.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel,
Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge, use and influence of procurement tools and
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Excellent team leadership and influencing skills.
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to create a contract from standard company or
customized contract templates with limited supervision.
- Applies cause and effect thinking to identify challenging
contact risk areas.
- Capable of drafting contract solutions in known contract risk
areas to obtain acceptable outcomes with limited supervision.
- Strong understanding of contracting principles.
- Ability to close complex deals in a timely fashion.
- Strong ability to develop suppliers strategically.
- Strong understanding of the company.
What we can offer you:
At HPE, we deliver equal opportunities, flexible work-life
balance, and constantly evolving career growth as well as
competitive benefits, salary and shared values and purpose.
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and
building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds,
perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions
we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and
business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is
representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where
we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual
with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status