User Experience Research Analyst 1331937
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 10, 2021
What You'll Do
- Help grow the user experience vision for Cisco's critical
projects as part of a team of user experience professionals working
to support a portfolio of Cisco's transformational projects.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team of researchers,
designers, product managers, and engineers to produce world class
software and customer experiences.
- Be part of a research team that produces high-quality user
research and user experience artifacts to support programs from
conception through operation and/or end-of-life.
- Take notes during interviews and research sessions.
- Analyze research notes and recordings for insights into job
tasks, pain points, challenges, delights, systems, and
- Turn insights into artifacts such as personas, journey maps,
insights reports, stakeholder maps, etc.
- Present your own or support research team members in sharing
their work; ensure team members can effectively communicate
important findings and implications.
- Take responsibility for the quality and experience of your work
- Ensure that work is effectively handed off and valuably used by
- Assist research manager in maintaining and growing a pipeline
of continuous conversation with customers and partners.
- Promote a culture where decisions are made with a clear
understanding of what data is and is not known.
- Advocate for prioritization of changes, refinements, and
improvements to the user experience and user research. Advocate on
behalf of process/approach changes perceived as leading to
improvements to the user experience or to research quality.
- Iterate quickly, accept constructive criticism gracefully, and
consistently champion on behalf of our customers.
Who You'll Work With
You will work cross functionally within the Transformational
Operations User Experience Design team to produce your work, which
you'll share into broader programs supported by various teams
across Cisco. The Transformational Operations UX Design team is
embarking on a mission to ensure that, as Cisco modernizes and
reinvents its products and services, it is done so with great
thought and care paid to customers, and the experience they'll
have. We will design and deliver user experience vision and product
requirements and design based on a culture of inclusivity,
compassion, inspiration and collective drive for the future of
work. Leveraging research, data, and our collective talent and
experience; this team will enable Cisco customers and partners to
increasingly discover that Cisco provides thoughtful, considered,
and efficient user experiences.
Who You Are
You are an advocate of user experience design, of design led
product development, and of the value of research in that process.
You believe well designed products and experiences build
exponentially outstanding value to poorly designed ones. You're
tired of working in an environment that pays lip service to proper
process but doesn't actually consider research when making
decisions and is more worried about making a date than finding
adoption. You want to work in an environment where your peers are
inspiring, you're proud of and connected to the work, and you're
actively talking to users about your products.
If this sounds like you, we are seeking motivated and qualified
candidates following skills and experience:
- Consistent track record of user research and usability testing
in Lean/Agile environments for enterprise scale products and
- Prior experience with Cloud SaaS and IaaS, networking, or
enterprise applications is valued
- Expectation: Bachelor's in related field, master's degree
- 3-6 years of experience in research roles is typical
- Providing to design teams; the voice of the customer and
partner, day in the life/customer journeys, competitive landscape,
customer priorities, usability testing, and program specific
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our
talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an
inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in
their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years
strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company.
And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that
adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what
we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a
culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even
failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best,
give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back
is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and
take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and
a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your
ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us
are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with
Keywords: Cisco Systems, Inc., San Jose , User Experience Research Analyst 1331937, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!