Mortgage Loan Consultant - Req. #3354
(Alameda, Oakland, Sacramento Area)
Responsible for soliciting and originating residential loan
requests from borrowers and other sources including referrals from
real estate agents, financial planners, attorneys and other centers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Solicits, originates, and underwrites residential loan requests
from borrowers and other sources including referrals from real
estate agents, financial planners, attorneys, and other centers of
Self-sources leads and creates profitable business relationships
with referral partners.
Collects and analyzes information regarding members' income,
assets, investments, or debts to determine which financial products
best meet the member's needs and financial circumstances and
determines if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet credit
union and governmental standards.
Advises members of advantages of disadvantages of different
financial products, marketing, servicing or promoting the Meriwest
Credit Union and Meriwest Mortgage financial products.
Sells the Credit Union's mortgage lending program to companies
and individuals within the real estate community.
Cross sells other Credit Union services.
Keeps informed of current trends in mortgage lending and market
factors affecting mortgage lending.
- Two year college degree or completion of a specialized course
of study at a business or trade school.
- Three to five years external/outside retail mortgage experience
with an emphasis on self-sourced business.
- Excellent customer service skills with the availability to
assist members on evenings and weekends.
- Sound knowledge and experience with first and second mortgage
residential real estate lending.
- Must be proficient in PC skills.
- Must be NMLS and MLO licensed.
Do you want to be valued as an employee?
Employees are Meriwest's most valuable resource. We provide
competitive wages and a supportive environment that promotes career
advancement. We also offer an excellent, fully comprehensive
benefits program, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision on the first day of employment for
- Free Long Term Care Insurance for employees
- Tuition Reimbursement/Student Loan Repayment Plan
- Pension Plan/401K
- Bonus and incentive potential
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday program
- Career growth support and planning programs
- In-house fitness center
- Discounts on new mortgage after 6 months of employment
We are an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability or veteran status.
To apply please reference Req. #3354