Sr. Continuous Improvement Manager (Black Belt)
Company: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Job Description Summary
As a member of the BD Biosciences San Jose product engineering
team, you will be responsible for the design and support of
sophisticated instruments for medical diagnostics and life science
research, involving technology from every major area of science and
engineering. For example in electrical engineering, BDB's world
leading high-speed cell sorters utilize extremely low-noise analog
circuits, high-speed data acquisition and digital signal processing
with FPGAs, and high bandwidth communication protocols.
We are looking for a highly motivated Electrical Engineer with
an understanding of both analog and digital design and experience
designing and troubleshooting data acquisition systems with FPGAs
for high speed data acquisition and digital signal processing. In
this position, you will be providing high quality and innovative
solutions to a wide range of challenging problems and contributing
to the completion of specific design projects. The Ideal candidate
has a natural ability to troubleshoot different parts of the
systems and subsystems to identify the root cause of the issues.
You are a self-starter and want to implement solutions that are
efficient and complete to further improve the current instrument
portfolio. You have a desire and ability to understand every aspect
of the system and subsystems to acquire a deep knowledge of the
flow cytometry instrument portfolio.
An Electrical Engineer II's primary responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting root cause analysis on the current product
- Develop cost effective solutions to end of life components and
line down issues.
- Development efforts from concept to implementation to solve
- Drive circuit and hardware design phases including architecture
and design, component selection, schematic entry, board bring-up,
and integration of complex printed circuit board assemblies into
life sciences based instrumentation.
- Collaborate on complex designs involving Systems-on-Chip (SoC),
FPGAs and high speed data acquisition protocols
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams including
software, mechanical design and system engineering to resolve
issues on the current product portfolio.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Masters
- 0-3 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer for system
- 0-3 years of experience designing both analog and digital
circuitry on complex printed circuit board assemblies.
- Experience digital and analog circuit design background that
includes: FPGAs, microprocessors, analog and power distribution
circuitry, and experience with building blocks for modular
- Design skills and tools for schematic capture and board layout
- Excellent analytical skills to drive to root cause.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, and comfortable working in a
matrix team environment.
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
"Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status."
Primary Work Location
USA CA - San Jose
Keywords: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), San Jose , Sr. Continuous Improvement Manager (Black Belt), Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!