Engineering Project Manager
Company: Teradyne, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 10, 2021
We are the global test and automation specialists, powering
next-generation technologies through sophisticated solutions.
Behind every electronic device you use, Teradyne's test technology
ensures your device works right the first time, every time! Our
portfolio of automation solutions help manufacturers to develop and
deliver products quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively.
Together, Teradyne companies deliver manufacturing automation
across industries and applications around the world!.
Organization & Role
The Nextest Business Unit of Teradyne is looking for a mid-level
Engineering Project Manager. Nextest is the market leader in
Semiconductor Memory Test. The memory in your computer, cell phone,
or tablet was likely tested using our equipment. These
multi-million dollar systems involve leading edge electronics,
mechanical packaging, active cooling, and complex software. As a
Project Manager, you'll leverage your Engineering background across
multiple knowledge domains, working with Engineering, Marketing,
and Operations to ensure our latest systems delight our customers.
If you enjoy a challenge, learning new things, and driving group
success, you'll fit right in. Diverse global workforce. Competitive
compensation including profit sharing. Did we mention the free EV
- 10+ years general engineering experience.
- Prior experience as hands-on engineer in some discipline of
hardware, software, or mechanical engineering.
- 5+ years project management experience.
- Prior experience with project management on complex, lengthy
- Lead cross-functional teams of 10 to 20 people, 12 months
duration, cross-discipline engineering.
Run budgets for key engineering projects:
- Track material requisitions.
- Ensure material is delivered.
- Generate reports on budget status.
Drive Engineering NPI process for new projects:
- Create and monitor schedules and budgets.
- Generate periodic reports on project status, progress,
- Work with cross-functional team to ensure project meets
- Lead project planning and communication meetings.
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project: Setup, track, and generate
- Proficient in Excel / Word / PowerPoint: Setup and track
project information. Provide information to cross-functional
- Excellent communication skills. Must communicate with
cross-functional teams to set goals, schedules, manage and resolve
- Ability to work with diverse, global team.
- Strong general problem solving skills. Ability to gather,
organize, analyze, synthesize, and present complex issues.
- Strength in generating plans to move projects forward and
- BS in engineering, computer science, or related field.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Project Manager, Project Engineer, Engineer,
Manager, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Management
Keywords: Teradyne, Inc., San Jose , Engineering Project Manager, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!