Staff ASIC System Engineer
Company: Velodyne Lidar, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for
autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA,
Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar
sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized
perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping,
robotics, and security applications. We are seeking an ASIC Test &
Characterization Engineer with experience in the assembly and test
of complex opto-mechanical and electrical sub-systems.
Velodyne is building industry-leading LiDAR products that are
driving the autonomous vehicles revolution. As an internal ASIC
Application/Integration Engineer in the ASIC team, you will take
ownership for integration of ASICs in Velodyne's Lidar products,
handling the path from bench testing to product integration. You
will be the bridge between technical teams, work closely across
ASIC, EE and FW teams to drive ASIC integration into products and
bring innovative solutions to market.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Cross functional Product Integration: Work with ASIC designers,
system architects, product engineers, firmware engineers and
product management to understand various features for the final
product and drive integration of ASICs into the final product.
- Product Ownership: Work with various stakeholders for a
successful product integration. Develop a good working knowledge of
the ASICs and be recognized as a credible product owner by
engineering and operations teams.
- Product Launch: Serve as a point of contact for ASICs and drive
end-to-end integration into the final product in collaboration with
- Communications: Prepare updates and presentations as needed to
drive product understanding as well as adoption. Help in datasheet
generation and maintenance.
- Deep dive and resolve issues that require good understanding of
ASICs. Work with analog, digital, system and firmware teams to
create a working prototype
- Design and carry out product validation tests
- Ability to debug at system level involving hardware as well as
- New system bring-up and ability to work in a high-pressure
Preferred Education, Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- BS degree with 4+ years or MS degree with 2+ years'
- Technical knowledge in hardware engineering (Analog
- Proficient in the use of scripting languages
- Familiarity with common bench test equipment such as
oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Experience in opto-electronics (lasers/detectors) or LiDAR a
- Previous AE/FAE experience would be ideal.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept
agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or
any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees
related to any unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Velodyne Lidar, Inc., San Jose , Staff ASIC System Engineer, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!