Senior Director, Global Sales Strategy + Operations
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking vision to make data
accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company
filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers - both internally and
externally. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, our customers,
having fun, and most importantly to each other's success. Learn
more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our
Splunk is seeking an analytical, strategic, and self-motivated
Operations leader for its Global Sales Strategy + Operations Team.
This role is critical to help lead the Global field organization
through the evolution of GTM structure, productivity optimization,
planning, and operational processes. Primary responsibilities
include establishing business strategy, executing operational
cadence (e.g., forecasting), producing analytics and business
insights, and fiscal planning activities (e.g., territory design
The successful candidate will not only possess a broad
understanding of sales, channel + alliances, and business
operations within the Enterprise Software industry, but can also
communicate effectively with executive and sales leadership. This
candidate will be data-driven, self-motivated, sales infrastructure
savvy, intellectually curious, a fast learner, detail-oriented, and
able to move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects
with limited direction and supervision.
The Senior Director of Global Sales Strategy + Operations is the
key business partner to our field sales organization and reports to
the VP of Revenue Strategy + Operations. The ideal candidate for
this role is expected to have outstanding analytical and
problem-solving skills and able to synthesize high volumes of
information and data to support a rapidly changing organization.
Specifically, the role will oversee a team that provides strategic
and operational support to the field organizations and drives
repeatability, predictability, and scalability across the business.
The role brings a strategic attitude that is critical to
establishing GTM strategy, Sales segmentation, territory design,
sales process, and KPI/scorecard framework all with the goal of
exceeding short and long term financial goals. S/he and the team
will both lead and support the execution of multiple strategic
cross-functional projects that are crafted to increase bookings,
productivity, and overall efficiency in meeting corporate
- Establish and maintain operating cadence/rigor across all
sales/field functions to ensure the health of the business on
achieving key performance metrics including forecast accuracy,
funnel analysis, and pipeline management
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of our business and develop a deep
understanding of key value drivers to identify growth
opportunities. Develop key insights for executive-level
presentations and drive critical business decisions
- Drive cross-functional critical initiatives to accelerate
productivity across the field, accelerate Splunk's transformation
to a subscription model and achieve overall corporate
- Partner with leaders across Splunk to create business
strategies and build business cases for potential investments
(e.g., country business plans). Present insights and
recommendations to senior leadership, and drive the
"follow-through" of those recommendations to ensure smooth
execution with a diverse array of cross-functional partners.
- Partner with Field leadership teams, Finance, and Corporate
Strategy, to build models that forecast near and long-term sales
revenue, profit, and ROI
- Responsible for Annual Fiscal Planning + Execution including
org structure, financial goal setting, quota setting, and market
- Support executive deliverables such as Board Reviews, Exec
QBRs, and more
- 10+ years of experience in a senior sales strategy + operations
role or management strategy consulting. Prior experience with a
fast-growth enterprise software company highly preferred.
- Willing to travel as needed (~30%).
- Possesses business acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting,
problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Gathers and uses data strategically to create improvements and
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new
perspectives and creative approaches. Able to see the big-picture
while also being hands-on and in the details.
- Always focused on doing what's right for the business. High
energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on the tough
projects and challenges to support the growth of the business.
- Ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight from
- Sets goals and drives to fulfillment. Takes responsibility for
actions and for outcomes.
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write
clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and provide practical
business insights from complex data sets.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to
present technical content to general audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive
initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience managing a team of 10 or more
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations
where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, San Jose , Senior Director, Global Sales Strategy + Operations, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!