Senior Software Engineer
Company: Verizon Communications
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 10, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
Senior Software developer capable of working within Linux
environments including PCs, CPUs, Servers, VMs, and Cloud. A key
member of Verizon Global Network and Technology group, you will be
responsible for developing and maintaining solutions built upon 5G
- Integrate existing functional blocks to create solutions and
technology demonstrations and evaluations.
- Create examples such as an evidence delivery mechanism based on
existing video management and messaging platforms.
- Develop Frontend applications representing insturmentation
status of manufacturing equipment for smart Factories.
- Other applications and Industires Include:
- Intelligent Transportation for Parking, Traffic, and
- New Industries like Retails Analytics, Sports Tech, and the
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or
Electrical Engineering or four or more years work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you haveone or more of the following:
- Fluency in Linux operating systems Python, Bash/Shell
- Experience with ReactJS, AngularJS, or similar
- Deep understanding of application architecures
- Understand and have good experience with REST, SOAP, Socket,
and common programming patterns.
- Understand the concept of multi-threading, and worked with
- Used at least one of the following databases: Sqlite, MySql,
MongoDB, Cassandra, in previous implementation.
- Understand the concept of video streaming, routing, VPN, IP
- Proficient at debugging at various levels.
- Ability to analyze problems and propose solutions. Be able to
work independently until completion of projects.
- Advanced degree or training.
- Experience in industrial engineering, controls, or
- Working knowledge of OPC, Ethernet Powerlink, or other
Industrial connectivity protocols desired.
- Experiencewith Computer Vision, ML/AI, or Data Science is a
- Experience MEC, TCP/IP, Networking and routing topology.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, San Jose , Senior Software Engineer, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!