Personal Care Aide Manager - (PCA)
Company: Carlton senior Living
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Great Place to Work Certified!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Manages the Personal Care department along with the Director of
Resident Services. Ensures consistent Resident and Staff
Satisfaction with a focus on Excellent Customer Service and
continuous enhancement of the Resident Experience.
Essential Duties and responsibilities Include the following.
Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is
an essential function of the job.
- Supervise Personal Care Staff.
- Responsible for maintaining an appropriate Staffing to Care
- Ensure timely completion and documentation of all mandatory
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring Service Plan
- Communicate any care changes or changes in condition to the
Nurse and/or DRS in a timely manner.
- Responsible for accuracy of Move-N Monthly Fees
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate documentation in
resident Care Notes in a timely manner.
- Maintain Residents' Clinical Charts.
- Order Supplies.
- Manage payroll paperwork.
- Maintain compliance with CSL Policies and Procedures and State
- Assist the Director of Resident Service in completion and
management of Family Care Conferences and Resident Care
- Interact with residents and families in a professional manner
and with sensitivity and a positive attitude.
- Follow- through on requests and complaints from
residents/families in a timely manner.
- Understand all emergency protocol and respond to emergencies
- Support an on-going Safety Awareness Program for residents and
- Report accidents, injuries and/or incidents immediately to the
Associate Director, Executive Director and DRS along with all the
- Provide the appropriate tools and training to the Personal Care
- May conduct a Community tour for prospective
- Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- May perform daily payroll edits. Adjust payroll records as
appropriate. Perform end of period review.
- Observe work environment for potential injury hazards and take
appropriate preventative safety precautions. Actively participate
in prevention, reporting, and management of Workers' Comp.
- Able to read and write reports, business correspondence, memos
and staff performance evaluations.
- May manage staff schedules.
- Communication Skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Interact well with our Carlton Family - residents, family
members, all staff members, futureresidents.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out
written or oral instructions.
- Education and Experience
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school; or
- Two years related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
According to Title 22 requirements, employee must be at least
eighteen (18) years of age.
- Certificates, License, Registration
- RCFE Certification is desirable and may be obtained after
- Current First Aid Certification (obtained through
- DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance must be completed prior to
working in community (obtained through community)
- Health screening and negative TB test, must be less than six
(6) months old. (obtained through community)
Keywords: Carlton senior Living, San Jose , Personal Care Aide Manager - (PCA), Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!