Social Work Case Manager
Company: Anthem, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 9, 2021
SHIFT: Day Job
The Social Work Case Manager is responsible for ensuring
effective psychosocial intervention, positively impacting a
patient's ability to manage his/her chronic illness.
Location - Must live in the Northern California areas to include
San Jose and Santa Clara.
This is a Hybrid position, working in the field and at home.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes available community, government, and/or client
resources needed to address participant's limitations or support
interventions in the management of the participant's chronic
- Manages behavioral and psychosocial needs that result in
improved clinical and financial outcomes and delivers social work
- Assists members to effectively utilize available resources to
meet their personal health needs and help them develop their own
- Evaluates members' ability to independently manage self and
locate alternative resources when limitations are identified via a
Social Work Psychosocial evaluation.
- Provides guidance to members seeking alternative solutions to
specific social, cultural or financial problems that impact their
ability to manage their healthcare needs.
- Evaluates members' strengths related to health self-management,
develops strategies to support healthcare needs and implements
plans in support of case decisions.
- Facilitates and coordinates behavioral health resources as
individual member needs are identified.
- Requires an MS (at a minimum) in Social Work;
- 3 years of experience in case management in a health care
environment; or any combination of education and experience, which
would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted LCSW (or equivalent) license in applicable
- Bilingual in Vietnamese highly preferred. Spanish or
multi-language skills preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that
include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and
incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining
agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability
benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance,
wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired
Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020
America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more
about our company and apply, please visit us at
careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity
Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of
services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural
competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Keywords: Anthem, Inc., San Jose , Social Work Case Manager, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!