Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that
simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial
operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the
Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to
process payments. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software
platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers
and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflow. The company
partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions,
the majority of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular
accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in San Jose,
California and Houston, Texas.
Bill.com is looking for an experienced backend engineer to work
on our core Mid Market Team. If you are passionate about optimizing
software, enjoy being hands on, excited to deliver new features to
some of the biggest customers and enjoy technical challenges, this
is the job for you!
In this role, you'll work on the new feature sets that drive our
customer growth in the Mid Market segment.
The Mid Market team works on the core area of the product and is
responsible for building new features from ground up for the Mid
Market customers. The team is a full stack composed of Frontend,
Backend and Staff engineers and focuses on design, architecture,
implementation and testing.
- Design and develop products using JAVA and REST APIs.
- Design data schema using different databases technologies
RDBMS, NoSQL, etc.
- Partner closely with Design and Product teams to deliver
features, collaborate with Engineering Teams to understand
technical requirements as well as performance, quality,
accessibility and security concerns
- Write unit testing and automation test suites to ensure higher
quality of code
- 5+ years of development experience as a Backend Engineer.
- Expert level knowledge of knowledge of JAVA.
- Experience working on large scale, complex applications using
Java and JS technologies.
- Experience working with REST API development.
- Familiarity with databases (MongoDB, ElasticSearch, MySQL,
Oracle or any Cloud DB)
- Excellent teamwork and communication
- Ability to gain alignment across cross-functional
- Ability to challenge the norm and maturity to advocate for
changes for the greater benefit of the business.
- Product: passion for great products and building great
experiences, proven ability to take the product through all stages
of development from concept to launch at scale
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
Expected Outcomes in 12 months:
90 Days - Learn the Bill.com product, business domain and
current technology direction within Bill.comBring in knowledge of
industry standard best practices and evolve our technology
footprint.Work across team members to ensure successful deliveries
of features to production.Mentor other engineers
1 year - Improve the codebase to modernize tech stack, handle
the increased scale and performance expectations
Bill.com is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote
without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status,
religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran
status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic
information or any other classification protected by state or
Humble - No ego
Fun - Celebrate the moments
Authentic - We are who we are
Passionate - Love what you do
Dedicated - To each other and the customer
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how Bill.com treats the
personal information it receives from applicants.