Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Communications
Specialist to our location in Irvine, CA.
This position can be located within 60 miles of our sites in
Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and
Washington. Occasional onsite meetings in Renton, Wash., will be
required. Willing to travel 10 - 15%.
We are seeking a Communication Specialist to engage in broad
internal/external communication projects to support
organization-wide programs and initiatives, and assists with
developing consistent, clear messaging to all Providence St. Joseph
Health audiences. In collaboration with department leadership and
teams, the specialist performs various communication tasks and
functions to support the strategy, planning and delivery of
In this position you will have the following
- Support strategy, planning and execution for communication
plans and programs, major organizational campaigns and initiatives
related to media relations, crisis communication, organizational
communication, community relations, social media and executive
- Work independently in writing, creating and implementing
high-quality communication plans, messaging and copy for various
mediums that meets PSJH standards.
- Writing and compiling content for newsletters, social media
channels and websites. Interview experts on a variety of subjects
for print and video pieces. Publishing and distributing electronic
and print newsletters
- Content creation, including graphic design and videographer
skills. Photography for internal publications, social media
channels and digital billboards.
- Respond to public queries/provide information via social media
channels and website.
- Managing multiple projects at a time.
- Utilizing content management systems/social platform management
dashboards to publish to social media, website and internal
- Support community relations efforts, including coordinating and
staffing events, attending networking and other events, creating
and acquiring collateral and other materials and managing
- Assist as a contact for media inquiries. Escort and coordinate
local media, film and video crews as required. Develop and maintain
relationships with local media.
- Gather user data from technology platforms and share trends and
insights with team. Ability to collect and disseminate data.
- Ensure the organizational voice and narrative, and Mission,
Vision and Values of PSJH, including the culture and heritage of
founding organizations, are present in all communication
- Reinforce and enhance the organizational voice and narrative of
Providence St. Joseph Health through consistent, proactive
- Complete tasks and assignments on time and on budget.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of
ensuring an efficient and effective communication program.
- Bachelors degree in communication, public relations, marketing,
business administration or related field.
- 2 years demonstrated experience in communication, preferably in
- Demonstrated experience in developing communication programs
and business relationships. Demonstrated experience working in
highly matrixed and geographically dispersed organizations and
- Demonstrated writing and editing excellence.
- Demonstrated health care experience.
- Knowledge of integrated health care and communication
- Ability to create strong, strategic business relationships at
both the organizational and region/ministry levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively across a diverse, matrixed
marketing and communication team to ensure messaging and programs
are delivered quickly, consistently and powerfully across multiple
channels and locations.
- Ability to drive proactive, powerful messaging in support of a
- Agility and flexibility in coordinating multiple high-level
projects, and just-in-time issues and work assignments.
- Communication experience in health care.
- Experience in a faith-based health system/organization.
- Extensive knowledge of social media and emerging communication
- Competencies in desktop publishing skills and graphic
production and design (Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
programs including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Experience with web design, publication, and graphic
- Project management skills.
- Critical thinking/Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal
- Ability to adapt to emerging technologies.
- Possess problem solving skills and reasoning ability
- Maintain confidential information appropriately and exercise
good judgment when communicating to the public.
About the department you will serve:
Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and
system support services for our Providence family of organizations
across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and
Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering
a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our
caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of Gods healing love, witnessed through the
ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially
those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of
hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home
health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition
of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status,
religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or
Job Category: Marketing/PR/Communications
Other Location(s): Montana, California, New
Mexico, Oregon, Washington, Texas, Alaska
Req ID: 293005
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, San Jose , Communications Specialist, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!