Sr. Computer Vision Engineer
Company: Velodyne Lidar, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for
autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA,
Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar
sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized
perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping,
robotics, and security applications.
Velodyne Lidar is seeking a Sr. Computer Vision engineer for
Velodyne Software. The candidate in this role will be responsible
for developing real-time computer vision algorithms such as
calibration, SLAM, object tracking, motion prediction and path
planning. This role will require in-depth knowledge of geometric
computer vision, filters and state estimation, probability and
statistics theory. Furthermore, the candidate will be experienced
in writing highly optimized C++ and Python code.
- Implement, test and package efficient algorithms to solve
computer vision tasks as per the system requirements using data
from different sensors primarily Lidar.
- Identify the failure cases via rigorous in-field and
simulation-based testing and mitigate them.
- Co-develop the software with team members by following best
practices for software development and have a passion to write good
- Investigate and keep up to date on latest technologies and
state of the art algorithms by reading academic papers, reviewing
different products and attending conferences.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied
Mathematics or equivalent engineering field with a focus on machine
learning, robotics, computer vision and similar fields.
- Requires minimum of 8 years with Bachelor's degree; or 6 years
and a Master's degree or a PhD with 3 years experience; or
- 3+ years of experience in industry in the area of computer
vision preferably working with camera, lidar and radar data.
- Solid programming experience in C++, bash shell on Linux OS
families, source code version system such as git, CMake and
- Experience with embedded edge devices and GPGPU
- Passionate about solving hard problems in robotics and
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
To all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept
agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or
other Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees
related to any unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Velodyne Lidar, Inc., San Jose , Sr. Computer Vision Engineer, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!