Senior Software Engineer
Company: Adobe Systems Incorporated
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's
all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global
brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional
digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to
create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and
transform how companies interact with customers across every
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to
creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is
respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new
ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the
next big idea could be yours!
Are you passionate about crafting fault-tolerant services that
function at scale while working with groundbreaking technologies in
a cloud native micro services world?
Marketo Engage is Adobe's premier customer engagement and
nurturing platform that delivers exceptional experiences across
every stage of the customer journey to drive efficient growth in
concert with Sales. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to
join our Platform Service Engineering team. If you are passionate
about building large-scale, high-performance cloud-based
microservices in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun
environment, we believe this is the right opportunity!
- Work independently on assignments, less frequent supervision
- Responsible for the design, development, testing,
troubleshooting, measurement, optimization, and improvement of
software, new products, and code libraries across platforms.
- Partner with multi-functional professionals (Product
Management, Support, Operations, Release engineering, System
Engineering, QA, etc.) to triage problems and define customer
- Demonstrate standard methodologies, articulates ideas, & market
them across team and organization. Promotes a culture of continuous
- Engage in application/service design efforts, optimizing for
quality, testability, and scale.
- Use appropriate & relevant programming languages and
technologies, writes code, tests & deploys to meet business
- Communicate clearly with the team and management to define &
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree.
Master's degree preferred
- Owned programming and testing plan for solutions of medium
- Proven expertise in Java, OOP Principals, clean Design and
- Proven experience in designing and developing scalable,
maintainable, performant and resilient application, micro-services
and RESTful services
- Good understanding of modern cloud technologies and design
patterns for building "always-up" services
- Experience with MySQL, Mongo DB
- Experience with Scala, Akka, Kafka, Hadoop a plus
- Familiarity with monitoring systems like Wavefront, NewRelic,
Splunk a plus
- Unending curiosity, thoroughness, tenacity and focus on quickly
designing and building sophisticated software systems with great
quality to solve customer problems
- Able to pick up & master new concepts quickly and apply them to
- Aware of relevant open source projects and able to determine
- Can mentor others regarding design principles
- Recognize & suggest areas for new feature development, limited
to features of medium complexity
- Have good/practical understanding of design patterns
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work
environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best
Companies lists (http://www.adobe.com/careers/awards.html).
You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to
helping each other grow through our unique Check-In (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmL6uQZhYhw&list=UUlDSu3-Y4-BfI08784K-P4g&feature=share&index=1)
approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you.
Discover what our employees are saying about their career
experiences on the Adobe Life blog (http://blogs.adobe.com/adobelife/)
and explore the substantial benefits (http://benefits.adobe.com/) we
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage
diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran
Keywords: Adobe Systems Incorporated, San Jose , Senior Software Engineer, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!