What You'll Do
Cisco seeks an expert Sales Specialist Business Development
Manager to drive growth within Service Sales for the Americas. The
Sales Business Development Manager is responsible for driving new
sales of Technical Support Services in connection with Attach and
Cover (A&C) programs, support the analysis of Install Base via
Cisco Ready and other tools to help Service Sellers prioritize and
develop their sales strategy to pursue opportunities, and align
with the account team, partners, CX IBM, Asset Managers, Renewals
Team, among others to ensure visibility and success of the A&C
Success is directly associated to increase sales of Cisco
Services, particularly growth of Technical Support Services. For
this you will require a strong understanding of the Cisco business
and a detailed understanding of our operational model and
processes. You will engage a virtual integration team across the
broader field sales organization - Geo's, Segments, and Channels.
You'll also work with integration teams in other functions and will
be an extended team member Services Sales Team.
Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Work closely with analysts and develop a deep understanding of
installed base data (large excel reports), that includes hardware
and software products, service SKUs and technology roadmaps. Be
able to manipulate, understand and explain large amount of
information to add value on the overall sales process
- Drive the A&C methodology through deep knowledge of the
process, tools, roles and responsibilities of each group.
- Accountable for the success of the A&C program
- Work closely with the SSS to drive and facilitate the A&C
programs by acting as single point contact, subject matter expert,
trusted advisor on all aspects of the program. This includes gaps
identification and coverage, data insights, TSS service
recommendation and positioning, assisting the customer with the IB
presentation & acceptance.
- Work closely with the account team and partners to ensure
visibility of the program and provide enablement as needed.
- Work closely with CX IBM to benefit from existing methodology,
IBA/IBC resources and tools to execute the A&C programs. Work
with the IBA to execute the 3 C's and fix IB as required.
- Be an expert in the use of Cisco Ready, Customer Data
Repository, Compass among others, to be able to generate reports,
assist the field with its use and customize reports as required for
the best positioning with the customer.
- Work closely with CXPM and marketing to adopt and execute
campaigns and initiatives launched in connection to the A&C
- Collaborate with our direct sellers to understand their
challenges and come up with solutions.
- Engage joint sales teams to identify immediate and medium-term
- Balance Sales functional requirements with the needs of Cisco's
- Use your deep & validated project leadership skills in a
multidisciplinary and virtual team environment
Who You'll Work With
The Americas TSS COE is a dedicated and experienced sales team
focused on the growth of new Technical Support Services sales.
Under the Americas Software and Services Organization, the goal is
to provide specialized sales expertise which has a broad impact on
the Cisco sales organization by accelerating software and service
sales while enabling customers and partners to be successful. The
team influences innovation, tools, best practices and enablement to
assist Cisco as it continues to evolve as a market leader, preserve
top-line margins and offer industry-leading customer solutions with
differentiated advantages over the competition.
You will also have to be aligned and work closely with the
account team, service sellers, CX IB Methodology, Asset Managers,
Renewals team, SNTC Adoption, and Offer Advisors.
Who You Are
A sales professional with demonstrated sales experience in IT,
strong drive to get results and very motivated to exceed sales
goals. You're familiar with Cisco's routes to market, go to market
capabilities, sales operations processes & systems. You are
detailed oriented, organized, able to analyze and provide insights
working with large amounts of data . We require:
- 3+ years of sales experience in IT
- 1+ years of experience in the IT service industry
- BA/BS degree in technology related fields or
- Some travel may be required
- Superb communication and presentation skills, experience
working with multi/cross-functional teams.
- A high degree of creative ability and curiosity, analytical
thinking, and general eye for business
- Must be able to operate in a dynamic, fast paced, high stress
environment and handle ambiguity
- Excellent proficiency in Excel
- Good understanding of Cisco Technical Services offerings and
- Experience selling Cisco Technical Services portfolio
- Understanding of Cisco's CRM tools and service sales
- Understanding of Cisco product Bill of materials and/or product
offerings and portfolio
- Fluent in the English language
- Advanced Excel knowledge
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our
talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in
their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years
strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software
company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We
even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns
and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us
in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a
culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even
failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we
give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back
is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps,
and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of
thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your
ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.