Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine
data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company
filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're
committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly
to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how
you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for highly motivated new grads or early in
career talent to join our team.
Are you passionate about working on products that make a
difference for your customers? Do you enjoy building large scale
applications that are powered by huge data sets? Do you value
working in an environment where you're empowered to make key
technical decisions across a full stack of technologies? If so, a
role on Splunk Security Analytics team would be a great fit for
Advanced Security Analytics (ASA) is Splunk's next-generation,
cloud-native, multi-tenant analytics solution that detects known
and unknown security threats at petabyte scale. ASC detects threats
in near real-time by using stream processing, artificial
intelligence and other heuristic techniques in order to help
security analysts quickly identify and mitigate security
ASA is still in the early development phases which means that
you will have the opportunity to help us build a new product from
the ground up by designing, building and operating a product that
directly supports security analysts all across the world!
We are a passionate team who care deeply about our customers and
our teammates. In this role, you will work directly with Product
Management, our Design Team, our Customers and other engineering
teams to help derive the best experience for the customer. We have
a lean process that focuses on empowering and serving our engineers
as opposed to just directing them.
If staying technically challenged and learning from others is
meaningful to you, you'll love our internal technical seminars and
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for
Building innovative solutions that enables rapid development.
You will get to work with a super smart bunch of folks who are
doing state of the art development work (native mobile, front-end
and back-end, DevOps) in areas of machine learning, data analytics,
infrastructure and event correlations across silos to build
best-in-class business analytics software. You will be interacting
with product management and customers to understand detailed
requirements. You will also work with other engineering teams
across Splunk to design and build high-performance solutions.
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, usage
patterns, and real world use-cases in order to better understand
what solutions will bring value to our customers.
- Develop new product features, clarify and improve designs, and
help put together a plan for how to make it happen (using Agile
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and members of our
team to design and create comprehensive end-to-end user
- Keep product quality top of mind by extensively using
Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD), testing
technologies (unit, functional, performance), and best practices to
ensure that the product is of high quality while continuously
deployed in the cloud to our customers.
- A Bachelor's degree, Master's degree, or PhD in Computer
Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, or
equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 1 relevant internship, research assistantship, or
- Minimum 6 months relevant work experience with a BS; or
equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming
concepts and languages, such as Java, C/C++ or Go
- Familiarity with streaming and distributed computing
technologies such as Kafka, Pulsar, Flink, Spark, HBase, Cassandra,
- Exposure to working with cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
and container ecosystems (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of distributed computing architectures and principles
that tackle for scalability, performance, redundancy and
- Experienced with an Agile DevOps engineering environment that
optimally uses CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, etc.)
- You enjoy collaborating with others in a fast-paced
- Able to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented
and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product
management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an
opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing
engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also
believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through
ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors
help both sides of the equation.
- Fun. It is one of our core tenets.
- Work life balance, with efficient work from home environments
today and modern offices standing by for future times.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations
where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, San Jose , Software Engineer, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!