Senior Network Engineer (San Jose, CA or Richmond, VA)
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want
to make an impact on the world of technology.
- Partner with business units to best understand the
organization's needs and plan, design, implement & support
production data centers around the globe.
- Design, Configure, Implement and Support connectivity from
leading Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) to On-Prem, Cloud Data
Center via MegaPort optimized per business requirements.
- Improve QoS for network in all data centers
- Manage network uptime by auditing & enhancing network
- Management of multiple high-visibility, high-impact projects
- Work with cross functional teams supporting our 24/7
engineering farms, business applications and on-prem infrastructure
- Proactively identify gaps, risks and issues and navigates
organizational structure to resolve them
- 10+ years of experience with planning and design of customer
facing production data centers
- Strong knowledge and experience in IP networking, L2/L3 network
protocols (spanning-tree, OSPF, BGP), LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS,
routing, QOS, VLAN, ACL, NAC.
- Strong WAN background with minimum one full cycle SD WAN
project implementation experience
- Expert knowledge in building hybrid cloud approach
- Expert knowledge and experience VPN encryption technologies,
modern switching platforms, and firewalls including policy
implementation and capacity management
- Expert knowledge of Cisco equipment is highly desirable
- Strong experience with multi-vendor switching/routing
- Expert knowledge and experience with routing protocols and
- Experience with low-level infrastructure testing and
troubleshooting tools including packet capture devices, network
equipment debug and diagnostics, (Wireshark, NetFlow)
- Experience in security-policy implementation and how to manage
design and support of network environments to maintain policy
- Experience in improving network monitoring in order to avoid
- Proven ability to manage mission-critical, highly visible
infrastructure projects to completion.
- Experience in Telephony & understanding of various standards,
govt regulations is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Automation experience is a plus
- Computer Science degree
- CCIP/CCNP, CCIE, Cloud certification required
- At least 7-8 years of experience in a multiple operating system
environment and working with different areas of networking.
San Jose, CA or Richmond, Virginia
We're doing work that matters. Help us solve what others
Keywords: Cadence, San Jose , Senior Network Engineer (San Jose, CA or Richmond, VA), Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!