Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Conventions Supervisor, responsible for the
planning and implementation of effective convention and meeting
programs for small-sized meetings supporting the company's
strategic sales and marketing plans and help formulate the
appropriate activities to meet our marketing objectives. In
addition, this position will work closely with the Marketing team
to help execute "National" conventions, the U.S. National and
Summer Sales Meeting, and related Marketing programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Regional Meetings - Sales Request
- Work with Sales Management to obtain Internal Approvals
- Complete necessary registration paperwork to secure
- Execute payment for all meeting related expenses. I.e.: exhibit
fee, install/dismantle, drayage, etc.
- Execute all logistics for the meeting: Coordinating with Sales
team about who is booth captain/staffing the meetings. Securing
advertising if applicable to the meeting. Coordinating with
Physician Training if Simulators are being requested.
- Complete post-con work for each meeting
- Manage and send out meeting calendar to PI
- Coordinate product, literature, and exhibit, and graphics.
Submit JIRA ticket.
- Obtain and record Sales recommendation/comments to attend in
Marketing Regional Meetings-Marketing Request
- Discuss sponsorship level
- Develop staffing plan
- Plan all logistics for workshops, symposium, programs.
- Design booth
- Work with Marketing Manager on sponsorships opportunities.
- Order Install and Dismantle labor for Booth in a Box if
requested by marketing
- Coordinate materials shipping.
- Upload pictures and notes to Convention Tracker retrieved from
- Disseminate leads
National Tradeshows (Live & Virtual)
- Working with Conventions Supervisor, coordinate hotel and
registration arrangements for BDPI, International, and other staff
attending our National Conventions; product/literature needs; and
other tasks as needed.
- Work with exhibit house on design of booth.
- Collaborate with product marketing on tradeshow booth design,
graphics, and layout.
- Ensure corporate brand is well-represented and in accordance
with brand standards at all tradeshows and events.
- Set up logistics of symposium if one is being held.
- Secure the advertisement with society/meeting
- Secure market research
- Coordinate off site events/dinner programs
- Onsite Execution: Oversee booth set/up and tear down
- Conclude: Wrap up all expenses with vendors for meeting.
Assist in planning and executing U.S. National Sales Meeting,
Summer Sales Meeting Ancillary BDPI meetings.
Work with Associate Director to manage hotel room block, travel
coordination, badge generation, and related administrative
activities. Travel and onsite coordination as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business
Administration strongly preferred. Two years of meeting, or large
project, coordination experience. Strong attention to details and
high level of professionalism. Good judgment and maturity with a
strong work ethic. Must be willing to travel and work on weekends
as needed. 25%-30% travel required
Must be able to speak, read and understand English. Strong
administrative and computer skills and working knowledge of
Microsoft Excel and Word. Strong written and verbal skills. Ability
to manage multiple projects at one time, possessing excellent
organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel objects, tools, controls and office equipment. The
employee frequently is required to talk and hear.The employee is
occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other
Primary Work Location
USA AZ - Tempe Headquarters