ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for
our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful,
and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients.
Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home
respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our
patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive
Assists in the treatment and management of patients with
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides Telehealth instruction to patients and/or caregivers
on the proper use of certain equipment and/or respiratory care
- Provides virtual follow-ups for patients and/or caregivers on
the proper use of certain equipment and/or respiratory care
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and
- Performs Telehealth follow-ups on patients, and when
appropriate involves local branch support.
- Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all
pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and
- Responsible for accurate data entry on monitoring device
portals for certain respiratory equipment.
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment,
medical condition, and Plan of Care.
- Participates in ongoing education and training sessions
regarding respiratory patient care.
- Assist with patient scheduling as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Meets company minimum standard of Background Check
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
- Registration or certification by the National Board for
Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- When state (s) requires an RCP license to allow the practice of
respiratory therapy. Holds a current RCP license in the state of
practice (including where RCP is located when providing telehealth)
and states where the patient is located at the time healthcare
services are provided.
- Hold all applicable licensure in good standing for all states
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and
- Successful completion of Apria's respiratory therapy
orientation and competency evaluation program.
- Ability to use electronic hand held device
- Microsoft Office programs
- Basic printing/faxing/scanning
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
Education and/or Experience
- At least one year related experience is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses
his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls;
reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear.
The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision
requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable).
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or
standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening,
close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the
locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to
- Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled
environment in buildings.
- General lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting
indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions
consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described above are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to
providing all applicants and employees with equal access to
employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color,
national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic
information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender
identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria
Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a)
and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or
disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime
contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment
qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet