Electric Utility Construction Manager
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Summary of Position:
The Electric Utility Construction Manager responsibilities will
include but may not be limited to: Provides construction and
technical advice, support, and recommendations that have a
significant impact on Field Engineer projects and deadlines. Solves
complex construction and technical problems and
identifies/organizes objectives and requirements. Works closely
with project management and lead engineers to ensure the
construction activities align with contract objectives, schedule,
and budgets. Supports resources allocation and staffing
requirements related to construction. Maintains contact with
individuals, organizations, and companies with special knowledge,
expertise, and services pertaining to technical and construction
matters within a particular field of expertise. Supervises and
coordinates the activities of other construction specialists, as
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with Field Engineer Leads to oversee and provide technical
support to all Field Engineers
- Facilitate training program for new Field Engineers and utilize
for continuous training
- Implement performance indicators for Field Engineer competency
at 3-months, 6-months, and 1-year markers
- Implement and review department goals and individual goals with
Field Engineer Leads on a Quarterly basis
- Identify and resolve Field Engineer issues with the client
- Understand Field Engineer workload in each division and provide
resource load plan for additional projects/programs. (i.e. crew
count, programs, in-process jobs, work plan)
- Evaluate Field Engineer performance by analyzing Masterlist and
feedback from Contractors & Client
- Create desktop manual for onboarding process and job aids (i.e.
simple guide with hyperlinks)
- Create travel schedule by Quarter (follow all COVID-19
requirements prior to making travel plans)
- Meet with each Field Engineer team in their area on a Quarterly
- Meet with each area supervisor on a Quarterly basis (per
- Bi-weekly touch point with Client supervisor (this may vary
based on current issues, requests of the supervisor)
- Is 100% dedicated to safety.
- Knowledgeable in electric construction techniques and ability
to Train Field Engineers
- Schedule, lead, and attend weekly construction and progress
meetings with the utility company and contract work groups, such
as: Contractors Scheduling, Safety, and Field Engineer weekly
- Coordinate and supervise power utility electric construction
projects, often multiple construction projects.
- Create and foster a safe working environment by maintaining an
absolute commitment to safety for self and others.
- Ensures accurate documentation of billing, time submission of
Field Engineer Financial payments, closing jobs, inspection
records, and change orders.
- Speaks and writes clearly, concisely, and directly, while
providing and accepting feedback and suggestions.
- Prepares and generates routine reports and correspondence.
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other problems, and
comply with legal requirements, safety, construction codes, and
- Drive goals, Safety, and support work/life balance.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- 5+ years of utility and management Experience; Scope, schedule,
budget, and people management.
- This position requires effective oral and written communication
skills, excellent interpersonal skills and strong computer
literacy. Good problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task
are essential. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to
organize and prioritize work.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or
equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Prior utility experience preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced functions of Word, Excel, Outlook, MS
Project, Power Point, and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to read and understand civil, architectural,
structural, mechanical plans and specifications as they relate to
electrical and/or other utility work.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with great
ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, presentation, and
- Strong attention to detail required executing tasks.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and possess strong
- Well organized, team player, professional and energetic.
Intren is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Intren, San Jose , Electric Utility Construction Manager, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!