Director of Sales (PDS)
Company: Jabil Circuit
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING
BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees
across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most
technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions
provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market
experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing
know-how, supply chain insights and global product management
expertise to enable success for the world's leading brands. We are
driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each
other, our communities, and the environment.
Responsible for generating sales from new customers or existing
customers within the organization. Responsible for ensuring
customer trust and satisfaction. Maintains contact with the
customer at a high, executive level focusing on the strategic
nature of the relationship. Works with Sr. management in developing
target customers and landing the customer. Typically, the sales are
very much consultative rather than transactional in nature. The
purchase decision is generally complex and long, value is the key,
and focus is on the solution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
- Define, develop and implement pharma specific sales strategies,
which contribute to the pharma division's strategic direction.
- The candidate needs to analyze and understand the pharma
product roadmaps for the target customer(s).
- Develop customized pharma solutions that clearly articulate the
value proposition in the context of the pharma ecosystem of the
target customer(s) market focus.
- Develop trust with customer or potential customer.
- Understand the Jabil selling process: Prospecting;
Preapproach-planning the sale; Approach; Need Assessment;
Presentation; Meeting Objections; Gaining commitment; and
- Qualify new potential customers with guidance from Sr.
Management, Sector VP's, and Business Development.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and good client
- Develop an understanding of the workcell and business unit
strategies as it pertains to sales.
- Work closely with Business Development, Operations, and legal
groups for quote and contract development.
- Knowledge of SalesForce and its use to target new
- Provide regular updates to VP of sales and marketing team on
the execution of the strategy.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
- Prepare timely forecasts for the sales department.
- Provide expense budgets when required.
- Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results
for trend assessment and analysis.
- Create customer /product penetration strategies and the
deployment of such for new accounts.
- Interpret and communicate customer requirements to enable
development of services and operational capabilities to support new
customers and business opportunities.
- Develop RFQ analysis and present formal presentation to
customer; ensure key financial measures are achieved within each
quote, including profitability and RONA targets.
- Promote Jabil's capabilities, footprint and services to new
- Lead commercial negotiations with new customers.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of key elements of digital health platform ecosystems
and how healthcare devices and cloud solutions work in
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding
common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Ability to effectively present information to top management,
public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to tailor advanced quality tools training to all levels
of the organization. Multilingual preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to
enable company's business goals and objectives with ability to
devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in
managing business analytics to determine optimum company
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as
well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management
accomplishments, implementing and management of continuous
productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years' experience in a strategy
or business development role required. MBA preferred. Experience in
the pharmaceutical clinical development, pharmaceutical product
management, and drug delivery device R&D ecosystem strongly
This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity
employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Jabil Circuit, San Jose , Director of Sales (PDS), Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!