Sr. Data Engineer- Content Platform
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Sr. Data Engineer - Content Platform
Video Services | San Jose
The revolution won't be televised. It will be streamed. We're
re-inventing the way the world watches TV, and that's a story we'd
like your help telling.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set
our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku
pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV
streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We
connect consumers to the content they love, enable content
publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide
advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued
- contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is
a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV
streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across
About the role
Roku pioneered TV streaming and continues to innovate and lead
the industry. Continued success relies on investing in the Roku
Content Platform, so we deliver high quality streaming TV
experience at a global scale. As part of our Content Platform team
you join a small group of highly skilled engineers, that own
significant responsibility in crafting, developing and maintaining
our large-scale ETL and Machine Learning pipelines, storage, and
processing services. We provide all insights in regard to all
content on Roku Devices.
The ideal candidate will have endless curiosity and can pair a
global mindset with locally relevant execution. You should be a
gritty problem solver and self-starter who can drive programs with
the product and commercial teams within Roku and across external
strategic partner organizations. The successful candidate will
display a balance of hard and soft skills, including the ability to
respond quickly to changing business needs.
What you'll be doing
You will work with a team of talented engineers building
delightful experiences enjoyed by millions of viewers.
- Partner with Machine Learning engineers and develop our Content
Knowledge Graph, Deep Video Understanding and ML based Data Quality
- Work closely with the our and develop monitoring and alerting
scripts on various data pipelines and jobs.
- Have the opportunity to learn and work on the latest Big Data
technologies, Machine Learning and Deep Learning systems
- lead POCs to demonstrate new ideas and influence the future
direction of our technology stack.
- Collaborate with other engineering groups across the company
towards supporting our Content Metadata segment of our
- Suggest tools, technologies and best practices to improve the
stability, performance and quality
- Participate in Agile development process, including scoping,
technical design, estimation effort, coding, testing, debugging,
code reviews, maintenance and support
We're excited if you have
- Deep experience developing large scale distributed computing
- In-depth knowledge and experience in one or more of the
following technologies: Hadoop ecosystem, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra,
- Strong software development, problem-solving and debugging
skills with experience in one or more of the following languages:
Java, Python or Scala
- Ambitious, passionate about software development, especially in
data technologies, you love working in a fast-paced and dynamic
- Organized, detail oriented, and thorough in every
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Experience and discipline in design, test, source code
management and CI/CD practices.
- Deep understanding of key algorithms and tools for developing
high efficiency data processing systems.
- 7+ years of web development experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a
fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's
success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with
people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and
who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We
believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less
cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent
thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish
extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at
Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of
ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part
idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real
until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for
action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has
served us well since 2002.
Keywords: Roku, San Jose , Sr. Data Engineer- Content Platform, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!