Director, Business Development
Company: Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Req ID: 13682
Supermicro is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage,
and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing,
Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded
customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among
the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented
global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a
large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek
talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and
business leaders to join us.
Supermicro IoT team is looking for director-level professional
who has the capability to find and partner with solutions providers
in ecosystem, and further grow and expand the business
opportunities of in-house IoT/Embedded & Edge computing solutions.
Your goal is to managing, developing, and expanding our customer
portfolio in Industry 4.0, Retail, Telco and healthcare vertical
markets. You will be representing Supermicro in major trade shows,
conferences and online forum to network with clients and partners,
and to provide the optimal solutions based on customer demand and
expectation. In addition, you will also participate in products and
solutions design, ensure new products incorporated the expectations
and requirements from customers to increase business
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop Supermicro brand and presence in Industry 4.0. Explore
new business opportunities and promote in-house IoT/Embedded
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and identify
partners that are needed to win their business. Explore new
business opportunity and promote in-house embedded solutions
- Build and maintain a network of business relationships,
including the executive management of clients, prospects, and other
- Partner closely with sales and marketing teams to ensure
product roadmap is competitive in the market
- Work closely with internal engineering team to ensure clients'
expectations and requirements are incorporated in the new
- Represents the voice of the customer and partner across the
organization in business decisions affecting design and
- Participate in system design review from concept, prototype, to
final product. Translate customer feedback into improvement plan
and ensure the plan is well-executed through
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or
Computer Engineering or equivalent experiences, MBA is highly
- At least 15 years of experience in marketing and/or business
development in IoT/Embedded, IPC, Edge computing or server/computer
- Prior experience working with tier 1 and/or tier 2 OEM's, broad
experience across product management, product marketing, sales, and
business development roles
- Proven record of successful engagement in vertical markets:
Telco, Industry 4.0, retail, and healthcare
- Sales hunter mentality - able to utilize connections and
relationship to develop new business and revenue
- Solid communication skills in both verbal and written, able to
communicate with high level (preferably C-level executive) clients
- Strong executive presence with a track record of winning mid to
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, strong
attention to details and ability to resolve complex issues with
high level of ambiguity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job:
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer
screen for long periods of time.
- Occasional bending and standing.
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or
crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
- Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job:
- Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled
- May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold,
heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces
diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants
and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital
status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Electrical, Cloud, Data Center,
Management, Engineering, Technology
Keywords: Super Micro Computer, Inc., San Jose , Director, Business Development, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!