Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make all
machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a
company filled with people who are passionate about our product and
seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk,
we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most
importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk
careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Data
Federation engineering team and have a large impact on a team
responsible for building Federated Search capabilities. We're
working on the cutting edge of data analysis and correlation,
letting our customers have a single pane of glass for their data
from sensors to web servers, across multiple deployments.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can
contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for
learning and growth. You'll learn how our entire stack works, from
data ingestion and storage to searching, reporting and building
dashboards, all in distributed environments. The work you'll do
will directly impact the experience of our customers.
- Write backend code for Splunk search infrastructure.
- Build robust, fault-tolerant distributed systems in a
- Analyze and improve scalability of retrieval, routing and
collection of data across multiple deployments.
- Analyze and improve the scalability of data collection,
routing, storage and retrieval.
- Define and perform various search language layer
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or related engineering
discipline; or equivalent practical experience;
- Master knowledge of developing and debugging any object
oriented language like C++
- You have knowledge and experience with AWS services, like EC2,
- You have a good foundation in backend systems, storage,
filesystem, memory, multi-threading is a plus.
- You have familiarity with any query language like SQL, SPL
- You have a proven foundation in data structures, algorithms,
- You have knowledge of modern distributed system design and
A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding
into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing
back, and exploring new technologies. A set of exceptionally
talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA
to product management and customer support.
Breadth and depth. You want to work in an area that spans
backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that. You want to go deep
into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access
retrieval? We have that too, and more.
Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through
ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors
help both sides of the equation. A stable, collaborative and
supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a
shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations
where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.