Senior Computer Scientist
Company: Adobe Systems Incorporated
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's
all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global
brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional
digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to
create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and
transform how companies interact with customers across every
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to
creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is
respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new
ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the
next big idea could be yours!
Are you passionate about crafting fault-tolerant services that
function at scale while working with groundbreaking technologies in
a cloud native micro services world?
The Adobe Experience Cloud is seeking a Senior Software Engineer
to join its Mobile Services team. We build scalable, performant
services that power the mobile experiences for large enterprises.
These services have enabled many companies to leverage the
marketing and experience creation software from Adobe onto their
mobile and IoT devices.
We are looking for innovative and hardworking software engineers
with a strong interest in building low latency, high performance
quality systems. You should have practical experience in
architecting and implementing fault tolerant micro-services for
scale and high availability.
Watch this short video to learn more
To know more about our work, impact, opportunity and team
culture please use this video created by the hiring manager.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the design, development, testing,
troubleshooting, measurement, optimization, and improvement of
software, new products, and code libraries across platforms.
- Partners with multi-functional professionals (Product
Management, Design, etc.) to resolve customer focused
- Demonstrates standard methodologies, articulates ideas, &
markets them across team and organization. Promotes a culture of
- Leads application/framework/service design efforts, optimizing
for quality, testability, and scale.
- Uses appropriate & relevant programming languages and
technologies, writes code, tests & deploys to meet business
- Communicates clearly with the team and management to define &
- Be a technical leader with the ability and desire to mentor
other members of the team.
What you will need to succeed:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing web or software
- Proven expertise in Java, OOP Principals, clean Design and
- Proven expertise in designing and developing scalable,
maintainable, performant and resilient application
- Experience in designing and implementing micro-services and
- Unending curiosity, thoroughness, tenacity and focus on quickly
designing and building complex software systems with great quality
to solve customer problems
- Have a good sense of organization to set expectations and keep
deliverables on a timeline, with the ability to document,
communicate and justify all technology decisions and
- Deep understanding of modern cloud technologies and design
patterns for building "always-up" services
- Quick learner and ability to understand complex systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Working Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Kafka, Redis and Zookeeper is a plus
- Experience with Git, CI/CD pipeline (Moonbeam, AWS CodeBuild,
Jenkins) is a plus
- Familiarity with monitoring systems like NewRelic, Splunk,
Grafana is a plus
Keywords: Adobe Systems Incorporated, San Jose , Senior Computer Scientist, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!