Memory Care Director
Company: Oakmont Management Group
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Memory Care Director
Oakmont of Silver Creek is a premier senior community situated
on a beautifully landscaped campus. Developed by Oakmont Senior
Living, Silver Creek provides exceptional quality, comfort, and
care with five-star services and amenities. Residents enjoy a
rewarding lifestyle with the individualized comprehensive support
that promotes continuing independence.
The Memory Care Director at Oakmont leads a Whole living
approach to dementia care in their community, which is the
philosophy of partnering with the resident to care with them rather
than for them in order to encourage each resident to reach their
highest potential physically, cognitively, socially, emotionally
and spiritually, ensuring maximized independence by creating an
engaging and dignified environment that enhances the residents
ability to be themselves and live their most fulfilling life.
The Memory Care Director is responsible for general oversight of
all aspects of the Traditions (Memory Care) neighborhood in their
community, ensuring that the delivery of dementia care services
including the delivery of care, delivery of activities and delivery
of culinary, exceed the resident and family expectations and meet
the required services outlined in the residents service plan. The
memory care director offers dementia expertise and dementia care
resources in collaboration with community leaders in culinary,
activities, and health services to develop and execute a
personalized care plan to best maintain the overall health and
wellbeing of the residents.
Why you should choose a career with Oakmont:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Vacation, Personal Day, Sick Pay, Holidays
- 401(k) Savings Plan & Life Insurance
- Student Loan Refinancing
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Emergency Family Fund
- Career Growth, Relocation and Travel Opportunities
- Maintains a safe and secure environment for all team members,
residents, and guests, following established safety standards.
- Understands and ensures compliance with all state (Title 22)
regulations concerning the memory care department.
- Maintains recruiting of all memory care positions. Conducts
interviews, hires, onboards, trains, motivates, and retains team
- Coordinates departmental schedule to ensure adequate staffing
in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures, and
needs of the residents.
- Communicates effectively and displays tact and friendliness
when dealing with residents, families, visitors, co-workers, and
- Supports resident participation in activities. Ensures an
engaging and dynamic activities program is executed daily.
- Supports resident participation in dining and collaborates with
the Culinary team to ensure resident nutrition needs are met and
the quality of the culinary experience remains positive.
- Provides input to Health Services Director regarding Memory
Care resident pre-admission assessments and reassessments.
- Assists the Health Services Director in coordinating incidental
medical, dental, vision, hearing, and podiatry care for residents
and arrange resident escorts as needed.
- Partners with community healthcare professionals, including
physicians, discharge planners, nurses, and state agencies on the
care needs of residents as needed.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age
- Prefer two (2) years experience working with persons with
- Prefer one (1) year of experience supervising and managing
- Preferred BA/S in Gerontology, psychology, sociology or related
field or at least 3 years working in social services, residential
care, psychiatric facility or related setting.
- Residential Care Facility for the Elderly administrators
license may be required.
- Hold or able to obtain one or more certifications related to
Dementia care; such as Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP),
Certified Alzheimers Caregiver (CAC), Certified Alzheimers Educator
(CAEd), Certified Dementia Care Manager (CDCM), Certified
Montessori Dementia Care Professional and/or other
- Able to obtain and maintain valid first aid and CPR
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Food Handlers
- Must pass a Criminal Background check and Health Screening
tests, including COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test
within 72 hours of start date.
About Oakmont: Oakmont Senior Living is a recognized leader in
the retirement industry, having planned and developed more than 50
retirement communities in the western United States. Oakmont
strives to create an atmosphere of family and community among
staff, residents and resident family members. We know that caring
and meaningful relationships are the foundation for a rewarding
life. Our belief and our mission are to treat each member of our
community with respect and compassion. Our staff is hand-selected
for their skills, previous experience, and passion for working with
the elderly. Our practice is to incorporate joy and laughter
alongside our expectations of excellence. Walk into our community
and feel our pride in ownership and commitment to service.
EEOC: Oakmont Management Group is an equal opportunity employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including
pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), marital or
parental status, physical or mental disability, family medical
history or genetic information, military status, or unfavorable
discharge from military service. These protections extend to all
management practices and decisions, including any recruitment and
hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and
career development programs.
Keywords: Oakmont Management Group, San Jose , Memory Care Director, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!